Ikari - movie soundtrack that i'm working on

Ikari

Ikari is an independent film that has been filming for several months, and is in the final stages of development. It's supposed to be about a world where both ki and mana exist side by side.

You can find out more at www.ikari.moonfruit.com

I've been working on the soundtrack for a while now, and here's several songs that I've finished for practical purposes - i just need to arrange them for specific scenes in the movie as I'm recieving footage.

You can see the whole page at www.soundclick.com/ikari.

This is meant to be several different themes that I can use for battles. It's pretty rough, since I've not worked much at all on it.

This will eventually (sans opening solo thing) be the credits music for the movie. I've got a singer from school that I'm recorded so that there isn't that crappy vox in the background. I'll post lyrics after I've finished the song.

This is the thematic content for Ikari's theme - however, this isn't going to be her theme music. This'll be, instead, probably used for the end of one of the major battles. The choir samples in the background are my girlfriend =)

This will be eventually used for the opening scene, which is a narrated movie explaining the world that Ikari takes place in. It's background music, supposedly.

This is the theme for Kazuma, one of the 'bad guys' in the film. She's a really strange character, and we really don't learn a whole lot about her, and I tried to show that in the song.

This is the theme for Rezo Kie Moe, a mana user and a main character. He's similar to a wizard (like Gandalf, for example) but he's a lot younger. I tried to reflect his somewhat mystical nature in the music, by using the ud, saz, tablas, shakuhachi, and dudy (live recorded dudy, btw).

This is the stadium theme. There's a large tournament where a lot of the movie takes place, and they wanted a big, bold, fanfare-type piece for this. This isn't really finished yet, but it's getting there.

This is one of the most important songs for the film. During one of the key points of the film, as Ikari finds out more about who she is, this is the music for it. Very powerful emotionally.

Thanks for any feedback! I really appreciate it!

Feel free to download anything that you want to hear. And, check back often because I'll be updating as often as I can. The next song that'll be here is the music for the trailer (i'll post a link for the movie, too).

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...