OCR03631 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Heart, Home, and Hearth"

Gario

RebeccaETripp
Rebecca Tripp

http://www.crystalechosound.com/
ID: 48262
Game(s): Ocarina of Time (and subsequently many other Zelda titles)
Song Title: Heart, Home and Hearth
Songs Remixed: House Music
Comments: I tried to elaborate on it, vary it, add more layers, etc

Here’s a link to the track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJspC6NHTNk  I can attach a file later if need be.

A tricky source to work with, not a whole lot there.  And this arrangement is definitely on the repetitive side as a result.  But it never quite repeats exactly, with different, creative accompaniment each time, and there's lots of extra padding to break up the repetitions.  I definitely think Rebecca could have erred more on the side of originality here, transforming the lead more and doing more with the other parts of the source, but I think it's adequate as it is.  Production is up to her usual standards, so I'm good giving this a

YES

• 1 month later...

Yep, I'm with MindWanderer all the way. I would have loved more melodic interpretation and the theme got repetitive over time (but only near the very end for me). That said, the new instrumentation ideas, and the expansive writing touches do collectively get it done here. Rebecca with a conservatively structured but solid cover.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/02/17 - (2Y) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Heart, Home and Hearth'
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently I'm the only Zelda player on the planet who couldn't get into Ocarina of Time.  LTTP was and always will be the pinnacle of the series for me.

Man, tough source.  Sounds like something I would've tried to take on years back.

Very creative and enjoyable arrangement.  Liking the delicate orchestration work, which is really hard to do when the parts are this exposed.  A few parts sound a bit dry like the harp, but not a big deal.  Strings at :45 felt a bit behind on the attacks, but again minor nitpick.

Impressive work expanding the theme so effectively.

YES

• Nutritious changed the title to 2017/02/17 - *YES - TAG* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Heart, Home and Hearth'
  • Nutritious locked this topic