OCRJ-2017 - & Knuckles

Liontamer

I'm very proud to announce the release of the newest OCR album: & Knuckles! Knuckles has long been an unsung hero among gamers, and I'm happy to bring him to the forefront for a sonic tour through some of the best songs of the franchise. The original idea for this album was devised only three months ago, but a large number of artists stepped up to the plate to help make this happen even over such a short time. I truly hope you enjoy their outstanding work here. Get ready to not chuckle, and to start flexing your muscles!

- Jarel Jones (Arrow)

This was my first time doing the cover art for an OC ReMix album and I had a ton of fun! While I'm more into Mega Man these days, Sonic was my first fandom, so it was awesome to revisit and draw it again. Also, c'mon, let's face it, swole Knuckles is awesome. It was an honor to work on this album and I hope you enjoy the art as well as all the crazy awesome music inside.

- Tabby Ramsey

Cover

• Liontamer changed the title to OCRJ-2017 - & Knuckles

Just gave this a listen or two - short tracks, but this is great! For some reason, the word that keeps rolling around in my head when I listen to this is 'freedom' ... IMO, something in the sound of the whole album matches nicely with Knuckles' lifestyle.

My favorite is probably ladyWildfire's Chuckles' Chaotix but I thought @djpretzel's Battery Preset Zone was interesting and I really enjoyed @Liontamer's Chaotic Rodeo. That one sounds very familiar for some reason... ;)

16 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

Just gave this a listen or two - short tracks, but this is great! For some reason, the word that keeps rolling around in my head when I listen to this is 'freedom' ... IMO, something in the sound of the whole album matches nicely with Knuckles' lifestyle.

My favorite is probably ladyWildfire's Chuckles' Chaotix but I thought @djpretzel's Battery Preset Zone was interesting and I really enjoyed @Liontamer's Chaotic Rodeo. That one sounds very familiar for some reason... ;)

It was so hard to not laugh the entire time I was pulling and arranging Knuckles' voice clips. Glad you liked it!

• 3 months later...

Dumb as I know this whole thing was meant to be, I seriously want to ask if DarkeSword would be willing to make a "full size" version of Botanic Beat at some point. Midnight Greenhouse was one of my favorite songs out of Chaotix and I felt he seriously nailed it with this one. I'd love to hear a version that was more than a minute and a half long.