Metal with FEELING

jane

vocals kickass, sound too abrasive, not like hardcore too abrasive, just a bit too much for its own good. i'm getting a kind of qotsa freakout vibe from this, except much more OFEOIAFDPIFOADKGPE=GjweJr3i0ri3i0OKE"=dksfsidfoi. is this stoner metal?

METAL BROFIST SISTER! is this shreddage? let's make a joint thread for some bananametal

oh yeah do post the lyrics, i wanna know whats up with that insterdan, i feel soooo old loosing connectun

15 hours ago, Nase said:

vocals kickass, sound too abrasive, not like hardcore too abrasive, just a bit too much for its own good. i'm getting a kind of qotsa freakout vibe from this, except much more OFEOIAFDPIFOADKGPE=GjweJr3i0ri3i0OKE"=dksfsidfoi. is this stoner metal?

METAL BROFIST SISTER! is this shreddage? let's make a joint thread for some bananametal

oh yeah do post the lyrics, i wanna know whats up with that insterdan, i feel soooo old loosing connectun

Hey whoa whoa, how can anything ever be TOO abrasive :-P c'mon now, I got all the raspy feelings. Alright, some lyrics:

\\

Hello again / I've crossed the distance to be / here today so that I can see / approximately what you might perceive / to be the me(me) I desperately wanna believe

Desperately wanna believe / desperately wanna believe / desperately wanna believe / desperately wanna believe / desperately wanna believe

(I want your)

Attention! Affection!

--

Is it the end of my turn? / This must be the end of the world

--

Hello again / now I see whatcha mean: / wholly reliant on emotional machines / failures of consciousness face-painting / scene after scene after scene of idealistic scenes

Idealistic scenes / Idealistic scenes / Idealistic scenes / Idealistic, Idealistic / Scenes, scenes

(I want more)

Retention! Redemption!

--

Is it the end of my turn? / This must be the end of my world

--

Hollow followers / building / mirrored bubbles / to reside inside / and cast aside the outside

'Goya' is a word when unreal / is so real it is / synonymous with a story well told

--

Please, notice me

You're on fire, another sun

Please, notice me

You're on fire, while I burn~

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2017 at 1:33 AM, jane said:

Hey whoa whoa, how can anything ever be TOO abrasive :-P c'mon now, I got all the raspy feelings.

It's not too abrasive, but the severe lack of bass makes it feel too abrasive. There's nothing to support the massive amounts of treble and mids you're using here. The effect is like daggers on your ears rather than a wall of sound I think you're going for. Heavy and abrasive music should smack you upside the head, not scrape your ears across a bed of nails.

Other than that its a pretty awesome tune. The vocals sometimes seem a little out of sync with the drum rhythms but overall this is a pretty sweet track. I would try to mix this with a lot more bass on the guitar and/or bass guitar.