*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 'Stardust'

djpretzel

post this mix  

74 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix

Good up till 0.32. The organ does not belong in there, then it starts doing some weird patterns that don't fit. A piano follows, which isn't too bad, sounds a little cheap, and could have done with being pitched an octave up, with a little reverb.

Good overall, but the organ bit spoils it completely for me. No.

Well it's better than anything I'll ever do, but it sounds kinda.. flat? Empty maybe. I mean, it's just an boring drum loop with some guitar overtop. Until the organs come in, but it still sounds kinda empty, same with the piano part. Sounds like it needs some more "layers."

On the otherhand, it's well played, like I said, better than anything I could ever do. But I guess I can't let my own limited abilities be the standard for judging. Gonna have to go with a No on this one.

It needs more stuff going on, and maybe try changing up that drum loop every now and then.

This is pretty repetative - simpoly changing the instruments doesn't a good song make, especially if some of them (like the orga really don't fit). But what really does it for me is the fact that JAXX already has a cover of this song which, at least in terms of the guitar parts, is very similar (no, that's not usually my basis for judging things, but in this case it just has so little to offer that's new). Improve the parts that don't rely so heavily on guitars, change it up some so it doesn't get so boring, and I'll vote yes. But for now, I cant say this belongs on OC