OCR03537 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Seagull Sonata"

I remember listening to this track in the workshop as well, yep. So glad to see it on the front page :) It's really my new favorite take on a classic tune. The acoustic guitar is especially gorgeous, and the juicy laid-back funky stuff @3:08 is very nice too - gives me creeps every time, in a good way, of course. Love your job here :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 23.10.2017 at 2:49 PM, torkkkue said:

Is there like a tab i could see? Can't pen the background guitar / chord my self :P

If you're still interested, here are the chords: DqU4MP3.png?1

This is what I used as reference when I recorded it. The top row is the chord, the bottom row is the bass note you should use.

You can hear it better in this über-chilled version of the track (it's just the guitar tracks): .mp3

Wow, I think this acoustic-only version is a really rich, self-contained arrangement in it's own right. The additional elements of the arrangement compliment the core, most certainly, but you've really got a great base to work with here. I'mma gonna hold on to this other version for my own listening purposes, too, since there really is a different tone to it than the posted ReMix. Not better, not worse, just... different. It's definitely difficult to hear some of the more subtle guitar textures in the posted version than it is in this unplugged version, which in some ways is a shame.

Oh yeah, I like the remix, too - the overall atmosphere is almost heavenly, as the sound design compliments the lightness of the guitar work under it. The sounds are relatively basic, relying on what seem like preset pads and such, but I'd be damned if I said they weren't effective for the overall arrangement.

Great stuff, here.