Sign in to follow this  
Liontamer

OCR03545 - Castlevania: Dracula X & Castlevania II (GB/NES) "The Bloodline Bounce"

6 posts in this topic

Interesting that remix got labeled as a Dracula X one when all three original tracks are from previous games.

Nevertheless, it's a real nice arrangement and the sources are well mixed together. Solid production as well. Nice job, Gario!

I like the drastic amount of swing rhythm on the mix as a whole, though the apparent delay/echo on the drums (particularly the kick) is a bit weird for me. A bit busy in the midrange, but hard to avoid that with simple waveforms. Overall, I liked how the sources were well-blended together, and the shifts in rhythmic style (main rhythm <-> just kick <-> drumless) were smooth as well.

I see you there nn19, I do enjoy 2 things in this world Reason and Castlevania...This track fulfills both.

I checked this out after hearing the author's amazing FF IX remix, and found this to be a fun listen! I'm not sure I've ever thought Castlevania was 'jaunty', but here we are - and I'm happy we made it. Upbeat and catchy - a fun time!!

The combination of the chip arps, tastefully reverbed simple organ and such a bouncy swing in a Castlevania rearrangement is a distinct combination. Fun stuff!