Castlevania - Wicked Child Remix

roCucick

Hello! This is my first post here, I've just recently registered.

I'm here to get some general feedback on my remix, I'll not submit it to OC ReMix. I'm an amateur musician (basically a hobbyist), but I really enjoy making these remixes, it's tons of fun!

My remix (compressed YouTube video):

Original produced audio file of my remix:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsq5tydm4ssc75o/Ruthless Child - Wicked Child [NES Castlevania] Remix by Rodrigo M. Cucick.wav?dl=0

Original song:

I hope you like it!
Rodrigo M. Cucick.

Haha, well I won't make any assumptions then about submission - it's always fun to hear more unrestrained interpretations, too.

It's a fun little track, with a pretty sizeable shift in style in the middle and end. Individually I like each section, but the transition is virtually non-existant, and the sections couldn't be more different from one another (bouncy electronic into somber quasi-chamber orchestra w/ vocal clips). The section changes are quite jarring - either having a little more carry over or utilizing a smoother transition process would help this feel like a complete piece.

I really enjoy the electronic parts. They follow the source quite accurately, though there's a considerable more bounce to them than the source does (which is pretty cool considering the source is pretty bouncy, as well). The somber portions are cool too, though the instruments would benefit from some humanization (e.g. playing with the parameters to make the performances sound 'more human'). For example, the strings would generally not have the same articulation for every note - swelling into the first note of a phrase and having the notes not swell for the rest of the phrase would be a more realistic portrayal. Also, in generall the use of dynamics for realistic instruments helps sell the illusion of realism.

These factors don't make for a bad experience when I listen, though; it's more food for thought for your next endeavor. Nice work, and thanks for sharing. :)