My Showreel (what do you think?)

Cool! Looks like you've done some great work on some pretty neat looking games!

For a 1 minute long presentation, its sad that the first 11 seconds are basically silent. This is actually a 46-second reel, not a minute! :P

I will say that while the songs themselves sound good, you're not showing a lot of variety here. All of these tracks have similar instrumentation, speed, and rhythm. I'd like to see different genres and instrumentation. Because so far the only thing i get from this reel is that you do well with strings and and light, bouncy melodies. Unless I had a very specific need for that exact style, I wouldn't think this video would alert me as a game designer that you should be the composer.

Great work tho and the games themselves look pretty cool! Congrats on the wonderful work you've done so far!

2 hours ago, Cerrax said:

Cool! Looks like you've done some great work on some pretty neat looking games!

For a 1 minute long presentation, its sad that the first 11 seconds are basically silent. This is actually a 46-second reel, not a minute! :P

I will say that while the songs themselves sound good, you're not showing a lot of variety here. All of these tracks have similar instrumentation, speed, and rhythm. I'd like to see different genres and instrumentation. Because so far the only thing i get from this reel is that you do well with strings and and light, bouncy melodies. Unless I had a very specific need for that exact style, I wouldn't think this video would alert me as a game designer that you should be the composer.

Great work tho and the games themselves look pretty cool! Congrats on the wonderful work you've done so far!

Many thanks for the feedback! I will take your opinion in consideration

I'm planning to do another showreel (a longer one, this was provisional for a college presentation) where I will be adding more variety on music styles.

Do you think that if in the new one I alternate videos with esthatic images it will lost interest? I'll have to do this because the music of different styles doesn't go with a video footage, but goes with images

I don't think the video is as important as the music. Mixing static images with video should be fine. Ideally you would want to show the music exactly as how it appears in the game so we can see how well it fits with the actual gameplay and atmosphere, but I don't think its 100% necessary. More than anything, I'd just like to hear some more variety in the kinds of music you show. Game studios want someone who will be able to adapt and work with exactly what their game is about, so you need to show that you are capable of many different styles of music.

• 1 month later...
On 13/6/2017 at 2:28 PM, Cerrax said:

I don't think the video is as important as the music. Mixing static images with video should be fine. Ideally you would want to show the music exactly as how it appears in the game so we can see how well it fits with the actual gameplay and atmosphere, but I don't think its 100% necessary. More than anything, I'd just like to hear some more variety in the kinds of music you show. Game studios want someone who will be able to adapt and work with exactly what their game is about, so you need to show that you are capable of many different styles of music.

Hey,

I made a new version of the showreel:

What do you think about it?