Guest Guitar Soloists Wanted for Valkyrie Profile Death Metal Album

I want your guitar solo on my album! Simple as that.

Before I even consider this, does your album sound like crap?

Nope. Here's a sample: http://www.thelegendaryzoltan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/VP2-Belenus-ver2-MP3.mp3  That's a the very rough approximation of the sound this album will have.

How do I get my guitar solo on your album?

You can reply here or PM me and I'll PM you my email address. Then I'll send you an audio file for you to play your solo over. You record it and send me a WAV file of your solo.

What kind of album is this?

It's Viking Death Metal. All songs' lyrics are based on scenes from the game Valkyrie Profile, and all songs music are inspired by music in other JRPGs. There are even "direct references" to those inspirations that big RPG music fans will be able to hear.

Do I have to be amazingly good at guitar?

No, but you have to be able to compose a sweet-ass melody. I want drama, so if you can pull off drama without speed, that's fine. If I think your solo is not what I'm looking for will tell you (in the nicest way possible) so I can't guarantee anyone's participation.

What do I get out of it?

Although this is for a commercial album, this is not a paying gig because of how small a job it is. A single guitar solo is not a big time investment at all. You DO however get the experience, a free digital copy of the album, and the right to gloat to anyone and everyone that you are on a metal album.

14 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

I'd love to take a stab at this - big fan of Valkyrie Profile's soundtrack - but my time is committed elsewhere for the time being.

How soon would you need to have this?

Is a 3 weeks enough? I'm still having a heck of a time getting a dude's chorus together out here for a part, so there's that slowing me down.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 3:37 AM, Pichu's Dad said:

Hi Zoltan, is it too late for me to get in on this?

It is not. I have just ONE space left but it is, in my opinion, the solo on the most important song of the album. Are you up to the task? If you have a sample of your sound that would be great. Go ahead and PM me your email address so I can send you files through gmail. Thanks, Pichu's Dad.