Seiken Densetsu 3 | Hope, Isolation, Pray Remix

noTuX

Hello everyone!  It's been a while, hasn't it?

This is sort of a calming/meditation/whatever remix that I am doing of the "Hope, Isolation, Pray" theme from Seiken Densetsu 3. I started this on a really long time ago, and I kinda got to a point where I was stuck and  I eventually gave up on it in favor of some other projects.  Today, I stumbled across it while looking for some other files, and I decided to give it another try now since I have better sounding samples and whatnot.  This mix is meant to feel kinda airy and empty at first, and then build up slowly. I'm trying to decide where I should go with it, so it does cut off abruptly.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.  Any feedback is helpful.  Thanks

Enjoy the chill vibe to this.

I don't know if the delay you're using on the guitar at 1:20 has filter settings, but you could maybe think about rolling off some low end from the delay feedback. That would make the mix clearer at the points when the guitar plays as right now the delay might be filling the mix a bit too much. Maybe just reducing the volume of the delay could work too. 

12 hours ago, Vidilian said:

Enjoy the chill vibe to this.

I don't know if the delay you're using on the guitar at 1:20 has filter settings, but you could maybe think about rolling off some low end from the delay feedback. That would make the mix clearer at the points when the guitar plays as right now the delay might be filling the mix a bit too much. Maybe just reducing the volume of the delay could work too. 

Thanks! I have been having difficulties with that guitar. I will work on it some more and update soon.

Nice sounds here.
Everything is developing nicely, dynamics are pretty awesome. Don't have much to say about the mixing really, a lot better than my old stuff.

Honestly not much to say here in terms of production and arrangement. Maybe bring back the guitar for around 3:25? Or somewhere around there? I think that would make things perfect.

Other than thatput it through review before you submit it if you want more detailed feedback. I think it has a chance on the panel though.

On 12/9/2018 at 2:46 PM, ad.mixx said:

Nice sounds here.
Everything is developing nicely, dynamics are pretty awesome. Don't have much to say about the mixing really, a lot better than my old stuff.

Honestly not much to say here in terms of production and arrangement. Maybe bring back the guitar for around 3:25? Or somewhere around there? I think that would make things perfect.

Other than thatput it through review before you submit it if you want more detailed feedback. I think it has a chance on the panel though.

Thanks! 

I agree. It does seem like something is missing around 03:25. I tried adding the guitar in that section in an earlier draft, but it started sounding cluttered. I will figure out something before submitting it though.

• 1 month later...

The piano timing was mechanical, as well as the plucked and bowed strings, so I wish their sound was more humanized. The way you do it is stylized, and potentially could be fine on the panel, but I know I'd ding it for that and have criticized it in the past, because the track has a stilted quality to it. Arrangement-wise, that may carry it. You could certainly consider submitting this as is, and I'd likely YES this in spite of the mechanical timing, but it is something to be mindful of. IMO, go for it and submit it as is if you haven't already done so, but be ready to tweak it (or be proactive and tweak it now).

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have set it to Completed status, indicating that I think your remix is ready to be submitted to the Judges Panel. Congratulations!

If you feel like you still need to work on your track and want more feedback, you can change the prefix back to Work-in-Progress and we'll go through the review process again.

If you decide to submit your track, please change the prefix to Submitted after sending your email. Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, Liontamer said:

The piano timing was mechanical, as well as the plucked and bowed strings, so I wish their sound was more humanized. The way you do it is stylized, and potentially could be fine on the panel, but I know I'd ding it for that and have criticized it in the past, because the track has a stilted quality to it. Arrangement-wise, that may carry it. You could certainly consider submitting this as is, and I'd likely YES this in spite of the mechanical timing, but it is something to be mindful of. IMO, go for it and submit it as is if you haven't already done so, but be ready to tweak it (or be proactive and tweak it now).

Thanks for the feedback LT! Dang, I was hoping to have shown some improvement with my mechanical sounding instruments. I'm hoping to actually be able to record me playing, instead of just arranging the notes in FL, but I still have a long way to go until I'm comfortable enough. I'll keep working on it though.