Secret Of Mana - Into The Thick Of it

Hello there,

This is my first arrangament for OCRemix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0npzk4bc7443g8/Into The Calm Of It.wav?dl=0

Right now is not finished (it ends abruptly at 1:33). I will add more parts, the mix and mastering still need work, and I will make more minor changes to the the arrangament to make it more interesting

I have choosed a song from Secret Of Mana, and my idea was to rearrange the song into something more calmer, more contemplative. Maybe it will differ from the original but my idea wasn't to cover exactly the original song, but making something new from the original ideas of the composer (without adding new melodies or harmony).

Here is the original song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFKoFzNfQdA

I would like to receive any type of feedback. Arrangament/interpretation, production, performance, strucutre, etc...

Note that this is my first arrangament, I've always composed original music, so... any tip is welcome.

Very nice. I'm no expert, but I can give a bit of feedback: 

Definitely a fan of the arrangement and structure of this.

Production-wise:

• The loud spots are quite loud IMO. I think some compression would do this piece some good.
  • I'm hearing a bit of mud on the low end, especially when the drums and bass pick up at 0:24. Check EQ.
  • I also think the choir that starts at 0:47 is drowning out the rest of the soundscape. Maybe bring the volume of this down a bit.
    • I also think the choir is 'too close' to the leads in the soundscape. I would stereo-pan the choir with a bit more reverb myself, but that's just me.

I hope this helps. Great work for your first time!

19 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

Very nice. I'm no expert, but I can give a bit of feedback: 

Definitely a fan of the arrangement and structure of this.

Production-wise:

• The loud spots are quite loud IMO. I think some compression would do this piece some good.
  • I'm hearing a bit of mud on the low end, especially when the drums and bass pick up at 0:24. Check EQ.
  • I also think the choir that starts at 0:47 is drowning out the rest of the soundscape. Maybe bring the volume of this down a bit.
    • I also think the choir is 'too close' to the leads in the soundscape. I would stereo-pan the choir with a bit more reverb myself, but that's just me.

I hope this helps. Great work for your first time!

Thank you very much for the feedback, I will take in consideration this things that you told me! ;)