OCRA-0008 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Project Chaos

SnappleMan

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey that was amazing! My personal faves were Kajika's work. It was abaolutely superb! And did anyone notice but I swear that they played a bit of Electric Eye from Screming for Vengeance made by Judas Priest at the end of The Doomsday track.

Am I right? Also has anyone finished sheet music for That Freezing Feeling and Beneath the Ashes? I would really like them.

Also has anyone finished sheet music for That Freezing Feeling and Beneath the Ashes? I would really like them.

Well, if you were hoping to ask for sheet music, then asking Hetcenus himself would be an option; however, he's been missing from here for quite some time. I don't know if I still have the project file for "Beneath the Ashes" though, but if I do, I could have a go on that in his place.

Rexy

Well, if you were hoping to ask for sheet music, then asking Hetcenus himself would be an option; however, he's been missing from here for quite some time. I don't know if I still have the project file for "Beneath the Ashes" though, but if I do, I could have a go on that in his place.
Hey if you got it then I'll gladly take it!! WOAH!! I just realized that you worked on the project!! That's so cool!! LOL! Thanks for personally answering my request! Finally I don't mean to oppose anyone but...as a concerned aspiring musician...is Kanjika's work on The Secluded Stronghold original? PLEASE don't punish me!! It just like that at the last second there seems to be the start of clapping and I know that there is a video game symphony called Play! and that Sonic songs are part of their repitoir. And if not what program is he using!? I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have the program he has and make my own work! lol Thank you.

If it's a MIDI file, and you're willing to send it to me, I'd be happy to create sheet music off of it for everyone. =)

Sure.

I use Windows Media Player to add the front cover in the folder of that album, while iTunes is better to add the artwork in single mp3s.

If you use something else to listen music, check if there is an option to do it; if not, you can simply download like dBpoweramp that has a tag editor in it. I'm sure that are plenty of programs that can allow you to do that :) .

Greeeat album! My three favorite tracks are:

I. Dead Batteries (Flying Battery Zone)

II. iMushroom (Mushroom Hills Zone)

III. Breathtaking Vision (Sky Sanctuary Zone)

Sega needs to make another 2D Sonic game much like Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, and/or Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Those 5 were by far the best in the series, and it's a shame the franchise couldn't have better fortune after the two Sonic Adventure games.

P. S. Was it mere chance that this was released on the day the Wii launched?

Chaos Guardian

If it's a MIDI file, and you're willing to send it to me, I'd be happy to create sheet music off of it for everyone. =)
Sure I am up for that but I am pretty sure it's a recording of a real piano but if not then how can I tell? And no one has told me what Kanjika used for his pieces! I would really like the program!

• 1 month later...

I've tried downloading them from here, a different website, & a torrent. They will not play. All of the other mp3s except these 7 work fine.

308 - Rayza - Groove..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 4.1M

309 - AkumajoBelmont..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 3.0M

310 - Hadyn - Heads ..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 4.8M

311 - Kanjika - Stra..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 3.2M

312 - GaMeBoX - Ice ..> 16-Nov-2006 14:35 2.4M

313 - Kanjika - Hydr..> 16-Nov-2006 14:35 2.2M

314 - Xenon Odyssey ..> 16-Nov-2006 14:35 3.3M

• 4 weeks later...
I've tried downloading them from here, a different website, & a torrent. They will not play. All of the other mp3s except these 7 work fine.

308 - Rayza - Groove..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 4.1M

309 - AkumajoBelmont..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 3.0M

310 - Hadyn - Heads ..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 4.8M

311 - Kanjika - Stra..> 16-Nov-2006 14:34 3.2M

312 - GaMeBoX - Ice ..> 16-Nov-2006 14:35 2.4M

313 - Kanjika - Hydr..> 16-Nov-2006 14:35 2.2M

314 - Xenon Odyssey ..> 16-Nov-2006 14:35 3.3M

Same for me!! Is there any solution to this?

From the main page of the project site:

Hello people! I apologise for the wait on this, but we've had some difficulties trying to get a fixed batch of songs online. Now that the 'bad' batch has circulated so much it's impossible for us to really do anything about it; but we do have a fix that works and is relatively easy for you all:

1) Download Goldwave or Audacity

2) Open up said WIP files in program (one at a time).

3) "File, Save As" the same file name

4) Problem solved.

Credits go to Xenon Odyssey for this fix.

Thank you for being patient!

• 2 weeks later...

I have no clue if this will even get replied to, but I've noticed something pretty odd about the albums.

Aside from the bad batch of songs, there are also other songs that are on the teaser site that aren't on album. Very nice songs. Song's I want, but can't download.

So I'm curious as to why they got axed out of the final product, and if there is any way I can download them.

The songs are:

Nautic Lava 2

S3K Sessions

Doomsday

Frozen Lavareef

Unseen Beta

The Unseen Wonders

Sand Caf

Credits

Run For Your Life Knuckles

New Blessings

Heck, why not make a new S&K album and call it "Project Chaos - The Lost Tracks"?

Edited by McKnackusThe1st

• 1 month later...

They are, it's called Sonic 4 and it's coming out this summer.

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/us/

Greeeat album! My three favorite tracks are:

I. Dead Batteries (Flying Battery Zone)

II. iMushroom (Mushroom Hills Zone)

III. Breathtaking Vision (Sky Sanctuary Zone)

Sega needs to make another 2D Sonic game much like Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, and/or Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Those 5 were by far the best in the series, and it's a shame the franchise couldn't have better fortune after the two Sonic Adventure games.

P. S. Was it mere chance that this was released on the day the Wii launched?

• 2 weeks later...

I was told to post this in Site Projects on this forum when I e-mailed Hadyn about the following issues, but the site does not permit me to make new topics in there and the topic for the remix project is locked, so I believe here to be the next best thing. If it's wrong, then feel free to move it and let me know where the right place was.

I found this site a few months ago and downloaded the tracks posted on there, and I found a few issues last night when investigating a few red x's WMP was giving me.

-Song 106 (a Marble Garden Zone remix) is not playing, both in WMP and on the site. The counter stays at 00:00 and doesn't move on the site, and the properties for the song as my computer reads it shows there is no runtime. The file may be missing or corrupt. I found this song on the forum here, and while the other mirrors did have the counter moving, no sound played and the media did not allow me to adjust the volume for whatever reason.

-Songs 308 to 314 are giving me the MPEG-1 (50) codec is missing error in WMP. At this time, I have only tested 308 on the site itself, and it played just fine, just doesn't work on WMP. I looked up the codec, and it seems this error comes even with brand new computers that came with the codec installed.

-All but one of the mirrors listed on that site are down. Only the first one works; everything else comes up as not available or, in one case, had the domain itself for sale. (The ones in the forums are working, just not the ones on s3k.ocremix.org.)

If anybody has known working versions of the above (or knows what would be good replacements for the songs listed as having the MPEG-1 (50) codec error, please let me know.

Edit made to add new information about songs with missing codec errors.

• 2 weeks later...

From the project site's news page:

Hello people! I apologise for the wait on this, but we've had some difficulties trying to get a fixed batch of songs online. Now that the 'bad' batch has circulated so much it's impossible for us to really do anything about it; but we do have a fix that works and is relatively easy for you all:

1) Download GoldWave

2) Open up said WIP files in program (one at a time).

3) "File, Save As" the same file name

4) Problem solved.

Credits go to Xenon Odyssey for this fix.

Thank you for being patient!

This should fix the codec issues you're experiencing.

Also, last time I checked, Winamp plays the problematic files without issue.