Soundcloud's Possible Collapse

Pipez

and people said I was crazy when I nuked my stuff a week and a half ago.

Anyway, Soundcloud started to go downhill when they got rid of groups (because reasons), which were easily the best way to find new music and share your own; you didn't have to ostensibly resort to cold calling people to get a new follower. Especially if you just created an account — it would be like an anechoic chamber.

It would also help if I wasn't getting messaged and follows from at least one bot every day telling me about what a bad girl she's been lately.

Not really happy. I researched every premium music service about a month ago (iTunes, Spotify, YouTube Red, etc.) and landed on Soundcloud Go. I felt it had the most value for the music I listen to. Guess that's out the door, and popular opinion is turning against SoundCloud for some reason.

So now I plan to go to Bandcamp because their mobile app is really well done.

4 hours ago, Modus said:

Not really happy. I researched every premium music service about a month ago (iTunes, Spotify, YouTube Red, etc.) and landed on Soundcloud Go. I felt it had the most value for the music I listen to. Guess that's out the door, and popular opinion is turning against SoundCloud for some reason.

So now I plan to go to Bandcamp because their mobile app is really well done.

Problem with Soundcloud (aside from the shitty changes they made) and similar apps is that there is no free lunch.

Someone is footing the bill and most people aren't going to pay for "pro" since they realize that charging the customer to post music without allowing the user to monetize it themselves is absolutely stupid.

Nobody wants to have ads attached their music unless they're on a platform like spotify (and even then they'd prefer you have premium), so that's not a reliable method of income either.

At a certain point, the site gets too big for its boots and if you're not pulling in revenue to cover operating costs, bills start piling up, and investors are going to start jumping ship and you'll get to the fate Soundcloud is currently looking at sooner rather than later.