Sign in to follow this  
dfcentre

OC ReMix connection not secure?

4 posts in this topic

Hi I've been a fan of ocremix since 2000.

EDIT: I do not visit the website very often but when I do I like to talk about videogames and their music and remixes in the forums etc.

I have noticed that the website connection is not secure. Is there any reason that a website that requires passwords does not have a secure connection?

@dfcentre Perhaps I can help you:

1. We don't really require passwords - user accounts allow participation on the forums, control of artist profile options, and will eventually be required for submissions, but simply browsing the site and downloading mixes can be done without an account.
  2. We DO have an SSL certificate, and we HAVE enabled the option in our forum software so that when you log on, it's via SSL. It redirects back out of SSL after the login has occurred, but the credentials are sent encrypted. See attached screenshot; you can also see this via logging out and back in - the password is posted via HTTPS.

Capture.PNG

That's good to hear that the site does use a secure connestion for logging in. : ) Thanks djp

You should regularly rotate your passwords and never use the same one for each site anyways :D  - never trust the internets fully lol