Smooth4lyfe1987

1. work-in-progress Mario Star Power (Hip Hop Remix)...NEED ADVICE!

7 posts in this topic

The bass seems a bit indistinct to me, and I felt the piano would work better with longer, more sustained chords to fill up the space a bit more. To me, they sound a bit chopped off now. Maybe even make it an e-piano, for the soul & chill vibe, but that might also just me being too fond of e-piano's due to the Persona 5 OST :P 

As soon as you add  raps to it, I think it'll be fine and I think you wouldn't need more elements to it. Maybe add some ear candy at strategic places, transition effects, sound effects or some sound design trickery to spice it up?

Smooth4lyfe1987 likes this

6 minutes ago, Jorito said:

The bass seems a bit indistinct to me, and I felt the piano would work better with longer, more sustained chords to fill up the space a bit more. To me, they sound a bit chopped off now. Maybe even make it an e-piano, for the soul & chill vibe, but that might also just me being too fond of e-piano's due to the Persona 5 OST :P 

As soon as you add  raps to it, I think it'll be fine and I think you wouldn't need more elements to it. Maybe add some ear candy at strategic places, transition effects, sound effects or some sound design trickery to spice it up?

Ha a Persona 5 fan too? I love that soundtrack!

Ahhh e-piano would probably work better! Defintely will take some of ur advice! Thanks Jorito!

Oh Snap now that's hot. Yeah big improvement. I could listen to this all day. let me know when you release this.

Smooth4lyfe1987 likes this

10 hours ago, verafx81 said:

Oh Snap now that's hot. Yeah big improvement. I could listen to this all day. let me know when you release this.

Thanks! Will do!