Reno128

Looking for remix for piano

6 posts in this topic

I`m studying playing piano for 10 years and now looking for new pieces to perform .I have already played the most beautiful original pieces from FF VI VII VIII IX and Chrono cross(Terra, celes, aerith, ffvii main theme, Find your way, Succession of witches, Blue fields, Eternal harvest, Scars of time and many others)  and some of the remixes (Life without parole of DHSU, stony eyes of shnabubula, Jenova on classic piano etc). I like calm, eerie or sinister pieces with strong and distinct climax and clear melody line. So i`m asking for help if anyone know original pieces or remixes from other games with similar style, emotions or atmosphere already performed on piano or arrangeable ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2017 at 2:15 AM, Reno128 said:

I`m studying playing piano for 10 years and now looking for new pieces to perform .I have already played the most beautiful original pieces from FF VI VII VIII IX and Chrono cross(Terra, celes, aerith, ffvii main theme, Find your way, Succession of witches, Blue fields, Eternal harvest, Scars of time and many others)  and some of the remixes (Life without parole of DHSU, stony eyes of shnabubula, Jenova on classic piano etc). I like calm, eerie or sinister pieces with strong and distinct climax and clear melody line. So i`m asking for help if anyone know original pieces or remixes from other games with similar style, emotions or atmosphere already performed on piano or arrangeable ones. 

You can't say you have performed pieces and not post recordings/videos of said performances. :-P 

Pics* or it didn't happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.08.2017 at 3:41 PM, Mazedude said:

I wrote a piano + chiptune solo for my latest album; if you dig it, I probably wouldn't mind letting someone else take a crack at performing it. :)

http://www.mazedude.com/remixes/dragonborn-concerto
https://mazedude.bandcamp.com/track/dragonborn-concerto-from-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim 

Let me know what you think!

Generally not bad, though i didn`t like 8-bit part of it. My favourite part is after 3:35. Do you have piano sheets for it?

 

20 hours ago, Sumie said:

You can't say you have performed pieces and not post recordings/videos of said performances. :-P 

Pics* or it didn't happen.

 

I can say it because it (along with the list of pieces i`ve played) was just an explanation why i`m looking for music of particular style and instruments and what difficulty i can handle on piano. I`ve never made video of me playing, but maybe i`ll try it on my next performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reno128 said:

I can say it because it (along with the list of pieces i`ve played) was just an explanation why i`m looking for music of particular style and instruments and what difficulty i can handle on piano. I`ve never made video of me playing, but maybe i`ll try it on my next performance. 

I made this statement in jest. In all honesty, I requested recordings because I love piano renditions of VGM music. It's the only reason I wish I had learned piano in my youth.

I guess you could say I'm a bit jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, so this is by no means an official sheet music release - in fact there are various bugs and errors in this PDF that were fixed on the fly during the album recording - but if you're just looking for more fun stuff to play and want to take a crack at my Skyrim arrangement, here it is. It'll be a bit odd and empty in places if you're playing it without the chiptune counterpoint, but have at it.

http://www.mazedude.com/vg_remixes/Dragonborn_Piano_Concerto_v2.pdf 

Enjoy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now