OCR03658 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks "Multi-track Drifting"

Gario

ReMix: Multi-Track Drifting ()

ReMixer name: Hylian Lemon

Game arranged: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Song arranged: The Final Exam (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9ta4i_h-4)

Comments:
When I was deciding which track to arrange from this game, I was initially considering the on-foot overworld theme. That train of thought was derailed when I played Kirby: Planet Robobot. The robobot armor theme got my gears turning, and I had an idea to couple the melody of Spirit Tracks’  train tutorial with a kind of F-Zero rhythm. It can be hard to gauge how well a track will hold up when you engineer such a dramatic change like that. Not to toot my own whistle, but I think the style ended up being a pretty good fit. I temporarily ran out of steam when Breath of the Wild came out, but I just told myself “I think I can” and kept on chugging.

I’m sorry for everything you just read. I’ll have to conduct myself better in the future.

Funny thing is, I listened to the source and immediately thought, "Yep, this is exactly the sort of thing Hylian Lemon likes to remix."  And then he did something totally different from his usual style!  Well, not totally different--it still includes his signature 8-bit arps and a few sections of 8-bit melody, but the 16-bit elements and the pseudo-racing motif aren't things I've heard from him before.  I hear the Kirby influence as well, even though I would have pegged it more as TMNT if I were to guess blindly.

Anyway, this checks all my boxes.  Does exactly what it's meant to do and does it well.  Takes the source in new directions but never loses sight of it.  Great work!

YES

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2017/08/06 - (2Y) Legend of Zelda: The Spirit Tracks "Multi-track Drifting"

Y'all might've accused me for being biased if I went and direct-posted chippy tracks, considering it's legit my most favorite thing ever. Just sayin', gotta run it by you guys to make sure it's not just me gushing over a chippy/SNES sampled arrangement. As for this arrangement: yeah. It's a lovely blend of Chips and SNES samples. The moving textures are constantly moving, which lets them fill the space very effectively without relying on instruments like pads or sweeping strings. You gotta appreciate the energy something like that generates.

Production is tight, arrangement is solid. Ben's on top of things in this arrangement.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/08/06 - (3Y) Legend of Zelda: The Spirit Tracks "Multi-track Drifting"
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03658 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks "Multi-track Drifting"
  • Liontamer locked this topic