*NO* Final Fantasy 9 "Garnet's Love"

Gario

Rebecca's been getting better with the humanization overall, and her arrangements are getting better every submission, but I'm less impressed with the offering this time around in terms of humanization. The strings all have the same articulation/swell in the attack, and they're very often the centerpiece of the arrangement (particularly in the first minute and a half of the track), but even the woodwinds have this mechanical articulation throughout at various points.

The arrangement is still really cool, though, with that choral part past 2:04 and some interesting harmonizations to boot. The orchestration really makes it sound much more majestic than the source. It's a tough call, but I know you can improve the articulations significantly, if any of the other submissions you've sent lately are any indication. It's close, and honestly I could still see this passing, but those articulations really throw me off, especially toward the beginning. Humanize your string and woodwind articulations better and this would be a musical force to be reckoned with.

NO

39 minutes ago, Gario said:

Rebecca's been getting better with the humanization overall, and her arrangements are getting better every submission, but I'm less impressed with the offering this time around in terms of humanization. The strings all have the same articulation/swell in the attack, and they're very often the centerpiece of the arrangement (particularly in the first minute and a half of the track), but even the woodwinds have this mechanical articulation throughout at various points.

The arrangement is still really cool, though, with that choral part past 2:04 and some interesting harmonizations to boot. The orchestration really makes it sound much more majestic than the source. It's a tough call, but I know you can improve the articulations significantly, if any of the other submissions you've sent lately are any indication. It's close, and honestly I could still see this passing, but those articulations really throw me off, especially toward the beginning. Humanize your string and woodwind articulations better and this would be a musical force to be reckoned with.

I hate to be glib, because you know I dig your work, but... yep. All that above. ^^^

Solid arrangement, but the execution with these sample articulations ain't doing it.

NO (resubmit)

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/09/02 - (2N) Final Fantasy 9 "Garnet's Love"

I can't argue.  It doesn't help that the most fake-sounding strings are the ones that the arrangement opens up with.  Wham, artificial swells, right in your face.  The choir stuff is a lot of fun, but those strings need another thorough pass and the flutes could use a touch-up as well.

NO (resubmit)