Mega Man 4 Remix Project *RECRUITING*

Dafydd

Oh yea, one more thing. I might endup using the stage selected jingle as well.. like somewhere in the end. Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure (60%) I'm going to use it.

Edit: hehe I Thought of a really cool idea today to help fill out this song. I'm going to record myself saying the names of each of the robot masters, and in the song it will be like "Brightman!" and then I'll change it up for a few bars or something (somehow linking it to the robot masters stage songs) and do that for each robot master. So it will be like a little super remix type thing lol.

Just an idea, well see where that goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, the situation is pretty boring. What we have here is a forgotten, neglected remix project, covering a game that no one cares about. It suffers from lack of dedication, both from its participants as well as from me, and a lack of interest from remixers. This thread isn't even being trolled by people who complain about this project not making any progress. I know it's all my fault - but I really don't feel like running this thing anymore. I'm bored with this project. I have the intent, but apparently not the willpower to finish my own song, and I am no longer interested this project. This game simply doesn't have a big enough fanclub.

If this project has not made significant progress (more finished songs, including my own) at the June/July shift, I will officially shut it down, indefinitely, or until someone else feels like taking it over, or until I feel like reviving it.

I figured this was going to happen soon enough. There hasn't been that much productive activity here in quite some time (except for DJ SymBiotiX... when he joined the project, it got my hopes up!).

Dafydd, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's all your fault. As you said, this game doesn't really have that large of a fan base. With so many other projects on the go, not much attention has been given to this project.

While I'd hate to see this project die, if the community has no interest in it, I don't see any point in continuing with it.

Wow, I had no idea anyone had even thought of a project like this. I always imagined many of the songs having a "Russian" feel to them, but that's a strange and hard style to really imagine. A shame to see this going down, because I was pretty excited when I saw the thread for it. I guess MM2 and MM3 are the only ones popular enough to merit the attention? Understandable, but still disappointing considering the plethora of other titles with awesome music from the Mega Man titles.

Yeah, well... I don't know. It's probably like frame said - there are too many projects around, and even the more popular ones can't find enough remixers. I don't really understand how everyone can be so busy. Maybe the entire remixer part of community has grown up, and too few new, young talents have popped up to fill the empty space or something. There are lots of people submitting, but few of them seem to want to join the projects, and if they do, they usually suck. Most people who join drop out soon enough. Just look at the Zelda 4 project - it's been going on for ages. Of course, I'd put much of the blame on the coordinator, but still. Regardless, the matter of fact is - not enough people want to join. Anyway, I'm getting bored with this, it's been dragging on for too long and I just don't feel inspired to work with any of the songs in this soundtrack anymore. Not even GaMeBoX, who started the project, has finished his songs. Remix projects are supposed to be fun and now this one has gotten to become a playground where no one wants or has the time to play. I feel like starting a new project, featuring some other game, one that has very few songs, making it a short and sweet project, thereby building up my reputation a little, so that if I revive this at some point, my name and the fact that I coordinate the it will warrant this project more popularity, since the game itself clearly does not. I feel sad about this failure of mine but I don't really think I will miss the project. It's been a long time since it was fun.

As for Russian themes, it's not something I've seen so far, but I had plans to implement a small part of the Russian national anthem into my mix. It would fit very well.

If this project has not made significant progress (more finished songs, including my own) at the June/July shift, I will officially shut it down, indefinitely, or until someone else feels like taking it over, or until I feel like reviving it.

Well, my problem is I signed on with Xenogears and Pokemon months ago... almost a year with Xenogears! I'm very willing maybe even do 2 mixes for this, but those 2 projects are my priority. To tell you the truth I have not even thought about my mix for my project, Super Mario 64, let alone this project. Give me til then. July or so should be fine.

Thanks for your concern, but people who are as busy as you are tend to not finish their work. I'd rather you'd not try to help us, unless you can produce near-finished wip's at the time of deadline. Putting you up on the remixer list doesn't really count as progress for any remix project that's over 30 days old.

Sorry if I sound rude, I'm just tired of having people join without actually doing anything. Not that you actually did join. :)

Dur mad0218.gif

See, there's so little progress here that I even forget who's in and not... sorry about that. :|

The deadline for considerable progress is the june/july shift. So if your wip is still a first, undeveloped wip by then, I wouldn't count it as considerable progress. But you're doing a piano piece, right? That shouldn't take a really long time to make. And sending me a first, undeveloped wip way before the deadline is going to improve chances of more progress all around.

... btw, your name is Clay Moffatt? How unusual... :)

Dur mad0218.gif

See, there's so little progress here that I even forget who's in and not... sorry about that. :|

The deadline for considerable progress is the june/july shift. So if your wip is still a first, undeveloped wip by then, I wouldn't count it as considerable progress. But you're doing a piano piece, right? That shouldn't take a really long time to make. And sending me a first, undeveloped wip way before the deadline is going to improve chances of more progress all around.

... btw, your name is Clay Moffatt? How unusual... :)

Ya, piano and flute, maybe a little bit of strings.

What's so unusual about Clay?

I'm Swedish, I don't hang out with Americans much, I guess that would explain it... I just don't think I've ever met anyone with that name irl, that's all. Haven't heard of many people with that name either. I've met people named Ash and Wood though. And a friend of mine is named Sten (which means Stone). Heheheh :) Nevermind me, just get a wip fired up and I'll shut it.

Alright, so I have somewhat of an update. Like even here, I'm having trouble figureing out what I want to do seeing as the source tune is pretty short. I think if I keep trying I'll be able to pull something good off. Hopefully.

DJ SymBiotiX - MM4 Sample 2 What do you think?

lol so I started listening to it, and got a randomish burst of inspiration.

Here is version 3.

DJ SymBiotiX - MM4 Intro Sample 3

hmm interesting. Right now, I'm not digging any of the sounds really. They dont sound very clean. Its also pretty repetitive. (I know the source tune isnt very long, but try to vary some stuff/rearrange).

Not sure what I think of it overall. I personally dont really like it too much, but with some work I think it could be pretty sweet.

*gasp* Activity!

Toma, your mix is awesome. Some notes were "off" (compared to the original), but in general, I'm impressed. A little more punch from the drums would be nice though.

DJ Symbiotix, you need to work some more on your drums, and the volume levels were kind of unbalanced in general. The melody is too loud and the drums are faint and usually kind of boring. I think your mix could be developed a lot more, but it shows promise. Just lowering the volume level on the melody synth would help improve your mix a lot.

XFactor, you have improved incredibly since your Dust Man mix. Volume levels are better, but still not good. There's no bass at all in this wip of yours and that guitar is absolutely horrible, although I think the mix could probably work if it was replaced. The mix is really really simple right now though.

Well I was kind of expecting a little more about my melodies and structure rather than mastering since I havent done any mastering whatsoever yet. All volumes and frequency issues are resolved at the end. Right now, I'm working on melody and progression alone, which is what I would have liked some comments on.

Muahahah! Oh man, this mix is turning out so awesome! Ok I'll break it down for you.

1st piano part, is somewhat of a pretty crazy interpretation of the main melody. I wanted to start off with some ambient buildupish kind of stuff.

Then the slow piano part of the original melody happens, then a breakdown with some original stuff.

At this point it breaks back in to the main melody with a dance type of feel to this.

Afterwards I cut in with a climax builder type thing. Its supposed to bring the listeners attention by showing that something awesome is comming up.

So right after that, I kinda tease the listener kind of :P by going back to that dancish beat with a little more going on, and a different background synth.

After this little part I did something groovy (I seem to be doing with with alot of my songs lately.. lol I love triplets)

Anyways I transposed the original melody to a complete triplet time frame (4/4 to 6/8 basically). Then it changes styles again to a more epic ish trance type song.

Now Lemme point a few things out. Drums yes.. suck I need to fix them, and I will probably around the end.

Transitions need work in a lot of places too (which I will need good drums, which will come later XD) (I also changed that snare lol, not sure if its any better)

Yea, I admit this still needs LOTS of work, but its definitely got potential and thats what I love about it. (lol, honestly, I'm amazed ive actually been able to make it so long, considering the source tune is so short XD)

Anyways check out version 4 :D! I really hope you like my melody action :D. (i.e. I would really appreciate some C&C about the melody and such, rather than mastering issues)

DJ SymBiotiX - MM4 Stage Select V4