Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle Theme [Epic Cover] Feat. Arzie Van Dee

Eitzpii

Yo! I published my first collaboration cover with Arzie Van Dee :)! It's Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle Theme.

Our cover has quite a lot improvisation and original touch, which bends the original theme into a new direction. All feedback is welcome and appreciated!! =)

Here is the cover:

Here is the original soundtrack:

So I'm sorry I can't find a more diplomatic way of saying this, but....

The percussion is so distractingly repetitive that my ears feel exhausted by 30 seconds in, and it's difficult to actually listen critically past that. The unchanging powerchords on rythm guitar don't help.

Having said that, the lead work is pretty nicely done. You're clearly both technically proficient on your instruments.

But.... I'm sorry, the percussion is just so repetitive it distracts from the rest of the performance.

12 hours ago, Geoffrey Taucer said:

So I'm sorry I can't find a more diplomatic way of saying this, but....

The percussion is so distractingly repetitive that my ears feel exhausted by 30 seconds in, and it's difficult to actually listen critically past that. The unchanging powerchords on rythm guitar don't help.

Having said that, the lead work is pretty nicely done. You're clearly both technically proficient on your instruments.

But.... I'm sorry, the percussion is just so repetitive it distracts from the rest of the performance.

Yeah it's true. Only place where the percussion changes is 3:14-3:58, but rest of the arrangement it's same. Thanks for the feedback!