Motorcycle Tango

GSO

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds way too busy but at the same time, very simple in terms of the layers you have (if that makes sense?). I think its down to instrument choice. The piano is playing a maximum velocity all the way through so its constantly in your face. Try varying the dynamics of your instruments or try separating the parts of the song into more instrumental layers. The original is synth heavy so perhaps it just doesn't translate well into piano, virtual or otherwise.

Theres also this horrible glitchy/buzzy sound going on throughout. Is that some synth layer you have going on or just an error in the bounce process?

I like the original song and can almost see what you are trying to do but unfortunately it doesn't really work for me :( sorry!

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2017 at 1:28 PM, GSO said:

changed the mix name: Motorcycle Tango

*update 11/6: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/773484

Hey Catherine, sorry for the wait on hearing back on a WIP review.

The main pervasive issue here is how mechanical all of the sequencing sounded. Aside from the hand percussion stuff, pretty much everything sounded robotically timed and looped, and most of the attacks were at the same intensity. You did have textural changes here, but the overall every level remained very similar throughout, so along with the timing basically being locked to a grid, this was a very flat, droning piece that couldn't maintain interest and felt like it wasn't developing in spite of the changes in the writing when you listen closely. The hand percussion sounded the most organic, so that was a nice touch, but the timing and realism issues were a deal-breaker.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that you'd like some more feedback, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and I'll review it again! Good luck!