OCR03628 - Silver Case "Lunar Phase"

Liontamer

Kinda reminds me of Phantasy Star Online, crossed with some of the Mega Man Battle Network internet themes. Some nice reverb going on here, and despite the obvious drum loops, I like the atmosphere and there is some reasonable care going on with the realism. Was somewhat disappointed with the fade-out, but that's a minor thing.

Overall, I did enjoy it and would recommend it as good chillout music, or background music, say, while studying.

• 2 weeks later...

Super fascinating thing: is it just coincidence, or is that xylophone that starts around the 00:25 second mark playing chords from Parasite Eve??? Either way adds a pretty awesome texture in several places throughout the remix. Keep reading for possibly pretentious gushing!

Swishy, slidy break beats, sleek synths, and smooth all-around (even the sax and guitars). It even inhabits one of those genres that I know exists, but I can't ever describe precisely enough and people can't figure out what the hell I'm talking about. :D I have to admit I even enjoyed the song so much I finally got around to playing VA-11 HALL-A and hear more of the remixers work. Let's just say 30+ hours of gameplay later, I went and bought Garoad's soundtrack for the game, which is equally as good as this piece

Edited by nyKad