Sign in to follow this  
axlanian

2. ready for review Zelda BOTW - Hateno Village (Prog Rock Cover)

6 posts in this topic

My current draft of my cover of Hateno Village's theme. I had heard the track an 8th note off from what I believe the intended rhythm is, and I kind of preferred it that way, so I made an arrangement based around that. Let me know what you think it needs!

Original:

Sounds great, very professional. Was it all recorded with real instruments or did you make it in a DAW?

I can honestly say that I like it better than the original, great job!

Getting the original wrong can lead to a lot of fun new takes on things. I'm having some trouble not hearing it correctly and keep thinking you've got the weirdest drum writing, but the overall sound is nice regardless.

It might be my headphones, I'm just listening casually on my gamer headphones, but the kick drum sounds weird during the first half of the track. How does it compare with professionally produced rock tracks? Overall, the track has a really nice, polished sound, but the kick stands out.

Really cool stuff.

Cool arrangement. Drums sound too stiff and mechanical. The drum pattern in the first part of the song feels quite unnatural to me. Mix sounds a bit off to me. (I'm not a great mixer but I can tell when something's not right even though I might not be able to fix it or say exactly what it is.) It feels like the guitar parts don't sound crisp enough.