Golden Sun 2 - Garoh (sad rock remix)

Chernabogue

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chernabogue!

Eval

Very chill and relaxing mix, and you've definitely done a lot with the source material which is great. 

In terms of mix it's pretty transparent which is nice. I would say that the guitar is VERY forward in the mix compared with everything else. We get a ton of reverb on the drums/percussion and even the keys are back a bit. The guitar sounds like its out of place so putting some more reverb/automation on this would go a long away in solidifying the mix. This is especially noticeable when the organ takes the lead at 1:12. It also (on my setup) seems a bit lacking in bass so I would do some EQing there to have the bass sit lower in the mix and provide some more energy on the low end. A plug in like Waves RBass would go a long way in this mix. 

Compositionally this is nice, yet a bit directionless at times. I get what you're going for as this is a pretty chill mix, but there are a few vamp sections without melody such as 2:04 and 3:06 which sound a bit empty. It's hard to distinguish whether the guitar or organ  is the interest point here as they are both kind of providing rhythmic ideas. I don't think these sections are bad, but they definitely just seemed a bit empty to me and I would maybe throw some other things in there to keep the momentum building. This isn't the type of song that seems to build in volume to intensify, but you can definitely keep the instrument layers building to keep intensity all the way to the end. 

This isn't far off, but those are some things which might go against it on the panel so I would have a look at those before you submit! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have set it to Completed status, indicating that I think your remix is ready to be submitted to the Judges Panel. Congratulations!

If you feel like you still need to work on your track and want more feedback, you can change the prefix back to Work-in-Progress and we'll go through the review process again.

If you decide to submit your track, please change the prefix to Submitted after sending your email. Thank you!