Steam Sale - What's Your Damage?

duskvstweak

3 hours ago, duskvstweak said:

I was looking at that! Is it any good? Does it work for someone with the same Mega Man needs?

Some of the reviews on the steam page are pretty spot on. It's just shy of how a megaman game truly feels and would often remind you of how an old flash game from newgrounds would feel, but it still totally works out fine. making a megaman style game and mixing it with "rouge-like" gameplay is actually pretty amazing idea.  Imagine the multiple sets of different armors from mmx5 that you can choose, but instead having the power to be able to mix and match between those sets. Boots from "this armor", hands from "that armor", etc... It encourages exploration to be able to find and combine certain abilities, making you practically an unkillable machine once you start to get things going. It's clear that the story was like the third or fourth priority in this game since there really isn't any, as most of the development was put into the gameplay. The music is pretty catchy on there own but I feel it doesn't separate itself too far from each other or to match the theme of the stage; like a typical fire stage would be fast and chaotic while a water/ice stage would be slow and calm, small stuff like that.

I would go on, but I don't know if continuing would spoil anything for you so I'll stop here. if you want me to continue, then just say so.