StormSkuggan

1. work-in-progress Chrono Trigger - Main theme (Rock remix)

3 posts in this topic

Hi! Me and some friends from Uni have this neat thing where each of us make VGM remixes every november. I chose a Chrono trigger mix because I'm playing through the game for the first time right now and it's amazing! I've have listened to the soundtrack for the longest time but never got around to playing it unitl now. I am now looking to see if the song is worthy of being submitted to this site.

The song is an attempt att making rock/metal but without guitars and instead having a heavily distorted organ fill in its place.

I would appreciate all the feedback.

Here is the Remix:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f3eHYhIQwefdWTFecZh-5-eBCeoydsdL

Here is the Source:

The heavily distorted organ(?), that sounds like a rhythm guitar, has got some sort of modulation that's causing it to pan from left to right. It sounds a bit jarring on my headphones. Maybe keep it stable in the centre or reduce that effect. Also, the song might benefit from a more open reverb. 

Your remix sounds pretty good! I'm not hearing the modulation that Vidilian did, but I was listening on a 2.1 speaker system, not headphones. The only part I didn't care for was the ending (like the last 20 seconds or so). Everything else is great, though!