Original RPG Boss Theme

Shid0

Hey guys,

Here's a piece of music i composed that could fit a retro rpg's final boss theme. I'm using actual drum samples (easily replaceable with 8 or 16 bit sfx) and 3xOsc as a limitation, to keep that retro feel and improve using synths!

Would love to know what you guys think !

I hear a lot of the final boss theme from Final Fantasy 3,inspired by it i guess? :-)

I think it can fit on a Megaman game,one thing i like so much(and i'm not alone)is when people are creating original music using 16-Bit soundfonts,just like William Kage does,to bring that retro feel and unique/nostalgic sound.

Hey thanks for the heads up ! Actually i've heard the FF3 boss theme a few times, but am not that familiar with it. It's a great track tho so i'll take that as a compliment. If anything i've been trying to follow some guidelines (bringing structure, giving a sense of urgency, etc) to tell a story through the music.

Not really familiar with the old school FFs (let's say my range of influence starts from VI).

Thanks for your comment !