OCR03656 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Through the Mirror and Back"

Liontamer

This absolutely oozes old-school flavour and I feel like I just walked through a smoke-filled lounge in the 1960s. You should already be grabbing it from the server, really. What a trip. :)

The brass parts for me are a bit of an issue, albeit maybe not as much as DJP or the judges may have thought. To my (super average) ear, it kept going from "this is near perfect" to "okay a fake but it still works wonderfully." Maybe that's why they were far in the back at times? Might bother some more than others so I think it's worth noting.

Regardless it's an awesomely well-crafted piece and is worth downloading for that electric piano solo alone, not to mention the overall atmosphere. Hurry, before the Rat Pack takes the stage!

On 12/15/2017 at 1:16 AM, nyKad said:

This absolutely oozes old-school flavour and I feel like I just walked through a smoke-filled lounge in the 1960s. You should already be grabbing it from the server, really. What a trip. :)

The brass parts for me are a bit of an issue, albeit maybe not as much as DJP or the judges may have thought. To my (super average) ear, it kept going from "this is near perfect" to "okay a fake but it still works wonderfully." Maybe that's why they were far in the back at times? Might bother some more than others so I think it's worth noting.

Regardless it's an awesomely well-crafted piece and is worth downloading for that electric piano solo alone, not to mention the overall atmosphere. Hurry, before the Rat Pack takes the stage!

Yup, nyKad crushed it. I was sitting back wondering who the next act is while reveling in the playground of Zelda smooth that I was walking through. Man, maybe there's some technical considerations but the spirit and feel of this piece is A+!