Final Fantasy 6 - Dancing Mad (Complete)

Saio

This is my second completed remix of a game tune. A while back a friend suggested I remix this song and I had to replay all of FF6 to get a feel for it. Woo.

I decided to name it "Megalomania" in honor of the power-crazed kinda guy Kefka is.

The style is all over the place, and the transitions are (purposefully) abrupt.

I hope you like it.

***OLD*** Saio - Megalomania ***OLD***

EDIT:

Updated January 5, 2007:

All non-synth instruments have been replaced.

Some instruments have been added and a small amount of tweaking has been done to composition.

Give it another go and tell me what you think.

I've kept the old version link for reference if anyone's interested.

Link: Saio - Megalomania

yea im streaming it and its hella nice

, but sounds so midi

Ah yes, the joys of being financially challenged. :\

There's alot you can get with little to even NO money. You've just got to search around. ;)

I see what you're going for, and the idea is awesome. I just wish the song wasn't so MIDIish. This is pretty solid. I'm still listening to the whole thing, and I haven't been disappointed yet. Great job, and maybe when you have the money, or the right stuff, you can come back to this and use more real sounding sounds.

|GX

yea im streaming it and its hella nice

, but sounds so midi

Ah yes, the joys of being financially challenged. :\

There's alot you can get with little to even NO money. You've just got to search around. ;)

I see what you're going for, and the idea is awesome. I just wish the song wasn't so MIDIish. This is pretty solid. I'm still listening to the whole thing, and I haven't been disappointed yet. Great job, and maybe when you have the money, or the right stuff, you can come back to this and use more real sounding sounds.

|GX

They're right, of course. The arrangement, in my opinion, is simply awesome and extremely captivating. Despite the extensive length of the piece, I did not once find myself bored or wanting it to turn it off. The variations were so different from one another, yet invariably exciting, and the sound quality is really the only thing holding your composition back from being absolutely astounding. I've never actually played FFVI, sadly, but I do recognize this theme from several other remixes that incorporated it in the past. And to be honest, I think the actual arrangement of yours for exceeds that of any of the others I've heard. It's plain as day that you have talent, and I sincerely hope you are able to find a way to improve the sound quality, so this amazing mix can become the jaw-dropping composition it was truly meant to be.

I fully understand your financial situation, I've long wanted to try my own hand at remixing, yet have never had the kind of funds necessary to do so. Perhaps because of this, I find the thought that this piece may never reach its full potential to be very painful. I sincerely hope that you are able to find the necessary resources to truly bring this masterpiece to life... and if anyone here happens to know how I could obtain such resources myself, I would be very grateful.

• 5 weeks later...

Updated January 5, 2007:

All non-synth instruments have been replaced.

Some instruments have been added and a small amount of tweaking has been done to composition.

Give it another go and tell me what you think.

I've kept the old version link for reference if anyone's interested.

Link: Saio - Megalomania