Blue Reflection - binGe -C17H21O-

Krisena

As I love Hayato Asano's work for Blue Reflection, I decided to arrange one of my favorite tracks from the soundtrack for piano. The original music is incredibly dense and rich with layers, and this is something I wanted to preserve in the arrangement. This work is not intended for a sole pianist to play - though it would be possible to arrange it for two pianos -  though it has been performed to great effect by an automated piano I'm blessed to have access to.

Blue Reflection is not a very well known game. It's a JRPG developed by Gust (known for the Atelier, Ar Tonelico and Nights of Azure series) and was released in Japan in April earlier this year. The game is about Hinako, a high school ballet dancer who has damaged her ankle and has lost her ability to dance. After becoming acquinted with her classmates Yuzu and Lime, she is given the power to fight as a magical girl, referred to as a "Reflector", allowing her to move freely, but also burdening her with the responsibility to fight otherwordly beings threatening to end the world.

The soundtrack mixes drum'n bass, orchestral music and shibuya kei, united with Hayato Asano's trademark larger than life melodies and powerful, driving arrangements.

All kinds of comments are welcome. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate asking and I'll answer to the best of my ability. Please enjoy!

The original track can be heard here: