Where to post?

CptOvaltine

Hi all,

Newbie here, just wondering where/if I can post some arranged tracks from a video game album I'm working on.  It's not associated with OCremix, and I'm not really looking for a lot of feedback... (though some is ok) Mostly I'm looking for an outlet to share the music for other fans to enjoy, and to help promote the project.  Is there a place for that here?  Or is this forum only for OCremix projects/masterclass type work?  

Welcome! Nah, the forum's open to all kinds of things. If it's arrangements of other people's video game music, it goes into the remixes board. If it's your original works, or anything that isn't video game music remixes, it goes into originals. You can post about your own album involvement in community only if you're "posted" (official ocremixer, with an official mixpost). But the Post Your Own X subforums are open to everyone. And don't worry about posting in the wrong place. The worst that can happen is that a forum admin moves your thread.

When you post your music here, I suggest you also state what you're looking for in terms of feedback (including none at all), you're more likely to get what you want than if you just post a link and expect people to understand what you want from it. Eg if you're mostly looking for technical feedback, mention that in the post and you're more likely to get it. If you're writing remixes for your own album rather than for official ocr mixposts, mention that to avoid getting ocr-style arrangement -specific critiques.