FUSION42

Nintendo Lo-Fi/Chillhop Collection

12 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!  
I recently had some success with a Zelda themed chillout mix, and I'd like to get to work on the next big thing as soon as possible.  

I've had a few ideas kicking around, and I think for the next mix I'd like to do a Nintendo-only remix collection.  I also kicked around the idea of doing it genre themed, like an RPG Lofi mix or Platforming mix, so if there is more interest in one or the other I'm open to ideas.  

So you can get an idea, here is the most recent mix I did: 

I'm happy with it but I would like to be a little more picky about what songs go into it this time around.  This mix was very general "chill" music with several genres included, but this time around I want to narrow the genre and overall mood down a little.  

What I'm looking for:
+Remixers interested in creating some high quality lo-fi, chillhop, jazzhop, vaporwave, etc. remixing Nintendo exclusive games.  Can include remixes from Mario, Zelda, DK, etc. and even other Nintendo 2nd party exclusives like Xenoblade Chronicles.  
+Mix totalling around 60min
+In typical lo-fi style, tracks don't need to be super long, but I'd say 2 minutes per track minimum
+Anyone interested in helping out with art related to this mix

Let me know if you're interested!  

NOTE: I'm also fine with using existing remixes if you have them, but it would be even better if we could have tracks created with this mix in mind.  

20 hours ago, wildfire said:

I've been wanting to work this genre anyway, so I'm down!

I can (attempt) to provide live bass if needed

For sure... actually live bass could be really cool in this style. 

14 hours ago, Starphoenix said:

Might be down for this. Chillhop is a style I’m trying to transition into, and this might be a good opportunity for some practice. A Mario Paint mix sounds kind of appealing.

A mario paint remix would be really cool.  

Hey guys I know I haven't posted in a while, but this is still something I'd like to do.  Got a nasty flu but getting over it now.  

I've been thinking about how many tracks we want / which games we want to have in this.  

I'm thinking something like 20 tracks-ish (if they are all at least 2 min then that's at least 40min worth of music)

No more than 2-4 tracks based on any specific series so we keep things balanced.  No more than 1 remix of any specific song. 

Those of you that have posted, any thoughts?  Do you guys already have completed tracks that you're thinking of submitting to this?  I have at least 1 that I think will be good for this mix, which is a Xenoblade 2 remix, but other than that I think anything I personally produce will be brand new for this mix specifically.  Happy to hear any other ideas, and if people want to start claiming tracks to remix, go for it!

7 hours ago, FUSION42 said:

Hey guys I know I haven't posted in a while, but this is still something I'd like to do.  Got a nasty flu but getting over it now.  

I've been thinking about how many tracks we want / which games we want to have in this.  

I'm thinking something like 20 tracks-ish (if they are all at least 2 min then that's at least 40min worth of music)

No more than 2-4 tracks based on any specific series so we keep things balanced.  No more than 1 remix of any specific song. 

Those of you that have posted, any thoughts?  Do you guys already have completed tracks that you're thinking of submitting to this?  I have at least 1 that I think will be good for this mix, which is a Xenoblade 2 remix, but other than that I think anything I personally produce will be brand new for this mix specifically.  Happy to hear any other ideas, and if people want to start claiming tracks to remix, go for it!

If you're going for this being an OCR official album, I think shooting for less than 20 would be a better idea, personally

All up to you!

11 hours ago, Thirdkoopa said:

If you're going for this being an OCR official album, I think shooting for less than 20 would be a better idea, personally

All up to you!

I hadn't really considering trying to make this OCR official.  Maybe I should?  For now I'm aiming for about 40-60min of music in a mix format (which is common with this kind of music) but I'm not opposed to the idea of a more focused OCR album. 

13 hours ago, FUSION42 said:

I hadn't really considering trying to make this OCR official.  Maybe I should?  For now I'm aiming for about 40-60min of music in a mix format (which is common with this kind of music) but I'm not opposed to the idea of a more focused OCR album. 

Listening to your zelda mix right now, and I'd say we should pursue this idea. I'd start by browsing past OCR Album projects - It might be more on the length of an EP side, but I think there's some real potential for some fun here to make some really high quality tracks and up all of our production game.