Breath of the Wild: Tarrey Town [Remix]

Juke

Tarrey Town was my favorite track in Breath of the Wild; I loved how it mixed in themes from other places in the game as you built it up. I tried to remake the start variant and full variant in the beginning, keeping close to the original, and then expand on it with themes from other places in the Zelda series as well. So imagine Tarrey Town in the Zelda Universe now, I guess. Extra themes in order of appearance:

• OoT Kokiri Forest
  • OoT Lon Lon Ranch
  • OoT Castle Market
  • OoT Kakariko Village
  • OoT Gerudo (The plucked instrument)
  • OoT Goron City
  • WW Dragon Roost
  • WW Outset Island
  • MM Astral Observatory
  • MM Clocktown
  • SS Skyloft
  • Zelda Theme

These were just some of my favorite places in the Zelda series and I thought that I could mix them in well enough.  Please let me know what you think!  Maybe which ones mixed in well, not so well, or other themes that might fit in their too!  I plan on submitting this to OCRemix, if a judge could help me out and let me know if they would accept it.  Thanks!

Original:

Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed it.  My complaint about Tarrey Town: I really wished you could've built your home there, instead of Hateno.  It would've been YOUR village then.  They could have even given you the choice of where to build it on the pillar too.  Even better, (had the game had a better story element), the Marriage event could've been you x Zelda/Paya/whoever after you built your house and the town.  A romance element could've made the game so much better imo. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the link! :)

EVAL

This is very, very good. The humanization is on point, the orchestration is great if a bit peasant (adds to the charm), and the arrangement is clever, especially with those blending sources. I can nitpick and say the arrangement meanders a bit, and it uses a fadeout rather than just ending the piece, but I'll be real and say that's just me LOOKING for something to be wrong when there isn't really anything to say.

Great work, please submit this.

Thanks for taking the time to review!  I've submitted to the site; in the time it takes for any judges to look at it, I'll see if I can go back and look at ending the piece vs fadeout.  I left it originally as a fade out because I'm planning on doing an extended 30 min version, and I want to add in a few more themes with it. 

• 3 weeks later...

This remix is very good.  I have one area that put me out of the vibe a little, and that's when the light symbols start coming in at around 41-42 seconds.  If those could be toned back a little, I think that'd be an improvement.  Maybe they work well on speakers, but on headphones they're a bit loud.  But that's picking nits pretty severely.  This is excellent!

On Tarrey town as a whole.  100% would rather have a house there than in Hateno.  However, I think they did a good job in this game making the relationship between Zelda & Link a NON-romantic one.  They are two kids, over their respective heads, and just trying to do their best with their awesome responsibility.  They are both duty bound, to a task and each other.  At no point did I feel any romantic tension between them buuuuuut I haven't beaten Ganon yet.  I'm too busy picking up every damned rock to find Koroks and track down the last few shrines.  So maybe the last couple of scenes drive home a romantic element not shown in any of the memories thusfar (at least in my interpretation).

Anyhow, excellent remix, thanks for making my life a bit better and bringing me back to Tarrey town!

• 3 months later...

Updated the track; a lot of overall sound changes to make everything balance a little better..  Should be easier to listen to now.  I also added a Voice for the Lon Lon ranch part, and changed the 'fade out' ending to a normal one.  I used the little jingle that plays whenever you first started the mission, or add a new significant member to the town.