Chrono Trigger ~ Manoria Cathedral (Meditation for Solo Piano) + Sheet Music

Dcapo89

I've done Chrono Trigger arrangements in the past, but the short 14-second theme for "Manoria Cathedral" has always been one of my favorite pieces of music from the game. Since the original theme was so short, I decided to do an improvisation based on that theme and flesh it out.

My good friend Nathan offered to transcribe the piece and ended up finishing it in just a few hours. The sheet music is linked in the video description. Hope you guys enjoy!

Oh, this is really good stuff. The direction you took it was perfect to get nearly four minutes out of such a short source - breaking up that arp in the beginning, then expanding on the source in a more recognizeable way later. It has the effect of making the source almost obvious on a second pass, even though it was elusive upon a first listen.

I love it. It's up to you, but have you considered sending this to OCR? I'd love to hear it there, if you're willing.  ;)