email address: 
userid: 34874
name of game: Lunar Pool \ Lunar Ball 
name of arrangement: Looser tool
name of individual song arranged: Game Theme
composer: Masatomo Miyamoto
platform: NES 
original: https://youtu.be/xZb6xKcyPT8

In this mix interspersed with other musical themes from the game Lunar Pool.

But the key theme is "Game theme" is the main line of the whole composition.

I performed this work as a fun reqest from one person who solved all my riddles.(about NES games music )  :-)

Damn, those are some short sources, especially that main source - it sounds more like a texture than it does an actual theme. This arrangement takes these ideas as far as they can go, utilizing the gameplay theme as a texture under quite a bit of lead work (based on other tracks in the game) and soloing.

Going through the sources, this thing isn't a remix of any particular source - it's just a remix of the entire game's soundtrack, using the gameplay music as the glue keeping it all together. For a game with such a limited soundtrack, this is probably the best approach one could take, and it's done oh-so well here.

Performances and production is on point, and so is the arrangement. To be honest I was close to just DP'ing the whole thing, but it's such a strange source and interesting implimentation that I figured it could have a pass through the panel, just in case I'm overlooking anything.

Great to have you on OCR - hope to hear plenty more from you on here. ;)

YES

It's weird, all right, and one of the hardest tracks I've reviewed to map its sources to.  I'd have liked a source breakdown just so I could appreciate the nuances of how this meshes so many simple tunes together, but I don't think there's any question that this is a Lunar Pool arrangement.

It gets a little cluttered and busy at times, but a lot of the busyness is jazz-like controlled chaos, so it mostly works. I don't think it'll be to everyone's tastes, but it meets our posting guidelines, and it's a unique and memorable work of art.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/11/18 - (2Y) Lunar Pool 'Looser Tool'
  • 3 weeks later...

I really loved the filtered layers overlapping the real instruments, and the addition of chiptune effects throughout the song to set up the mood.  There's a lot of modulation throughout the song that keeps a collection of short sources like the ones here very interesting, but also there's the absolutely gorgeous arrangement below all the filtered goodies that's just amazing to listen to.  The different expressions used for the bass are awesome, as well as the guitar which goes from clean to filtered to downright weird.

The jazzy undertones mixed with the electronica elements work amazingly well here, with the tempo changes, and complete mood swings that, were not handled with the care they were handled here would've made the track sound aimless, but thankfully, that was not the case and instead we get a plethora of ideas that flow very well from one to the next.

This is one of my favorite remixes I've evaluated this year.  There's just so much to discover in this remix that's going to take me too long to describe here so just have my

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2017/11/18 - (3Y) Lunar Pool 'Looser Tool'
  • Liontamer changed the title to (2017/11/18) *YES - TAG* Lunar Pool "Looser Tool"
  • Liontamer locked this topic