*NO* Streets of Rage 2 'End of Haze'

Gario

• 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of clever arranging going on here, but the balance is seriously off.  The leads, both guitar and synth, are too quiet everywhere except the intro and outtro, overpowered primarily by the rhythm and bass guitars but even by the synths and percussion in places.

Also, I'm not sure about source usage.  1:36-3:17 and 3:55-end don't seem to have any source usage that I can hear, and that's more than half the arrangement.  I have to admit that I'm not listening too closely, though, because the mixing is already a dealbreaker.  But if there is source usage in those sections, it would facilitate the voting process if you could spell out how the source is used there.

It's a good start, and I'd like to hear a revision with the leads in the lead.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

The source reminds me of the Mega Man X credits just based on the feel alone. Pretty fun source to work with, and I think the style your are going for works well.

Once the guitar comes in there is a ton of mud here. Aside from the balance issue that MW mentioned I felt like there was a lot of buzz in my ears from the guitars. It's pretty distracting and also is constant through to the end, which fatigues the ears. Overall that needs to be toned down, and it wouldn't hurt to drop it out here and there. 

MW mentions the lack of source and I do have to agree with him. I'm not sure if it is a different source or some original, but it takes a long while to get back to the source you listened. If it's another source let us know!

This needs some work but you have a good start here.

NO (resubmit)

Gonna echo the comments on balance here.  The lead gets really buried throughout by other elements, especially the rhythm guitars.  I'm also not sure about the effects & tone on the initial lead guitar.  Sounds like all the distortion and delay(?) is making it even harder for it to cut through the sound.  3:17 gets really busy with the constant kick drum hits along with the cymbals and loud RGuitars.  Both some volume balancing and cutting some freqs from rhythm guitars (and maybe others) should help make more space.

Arrangement sounds pretty straightforward and nicely handled through 1:38.  After that, as with my fellow j's, I can't place what it's connecting to source-wise until 3:17 & again nothing after 3:55.  If we're missing something, feel free to let us know.

Would like to hear this one come back.

NO resubmit, please

• Nutritious changed the title to 2017/11/28 - (3N) Streets of Rage 2 'End of Haze'