OCR03694 - Undertale "The Spectral Mire"

Liontamer

This is definitely what I was in the mood for today.

I only had one thought about this I wanted to express right now:

I love the inclusions of the in-game text and conversations you overhear from the Echo Flowers. At first, I found myself wishing those lines were a little bit louder, because you can't totally make out everything they are saying. (For instance, I only knew that the conversation about two monsters' wish to climb Mt. Ebott is in there because I caught a few key phrases, and I remember that part especially well from the game.) But as I kept listening, I realized how fitting it is that those are in the background, and hard to hear. With those voices behind the music, it creates the impression that you are hearing nothing but echoes, or the whispering voices of ghosts. So, the quiet voices truly do give this song a spectral feeling.

And putting this in a metal arrangement is probably the best expression of "mire" I can think of. "Spectral Mire." Ingenious!

OK, that's all from me. I'm going to go download this now. Hasta luego.

My god it's like a symphonic metal remix!!! Wow!! The scope is near-grandiose and the delivery is perfect, with serious props going to the arrangement - it's unique, deeply moving, and just takes you for a dark journey. Wow.

This stands out for me as a truly next-level piece.