Legend of Zelda (various) - Zelda Fantasia

BenEmberley

Hi everyone; newest remix here.

I've tried to make the strings sound a bit more natural in this one, hence the hiatus in trying to get it just right, but aside from the sound, I devoted this piece to exploring and developing only a couple of thematic ideals; primarily Zelda's Lullaby.  It's a Fantasia for Full Orchestra and Chorus, which contains material from a few of the Game Soundtracks in the LoZ series.

I explored the different ways the Lullaby could be orchestrated and manipulated in terms of mood, timbre and contrapuntal manipulation, not just on its own, but with other themes closely associated to Zelda, most plainly in the central part, focussing on the endless relationship between Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf/Ganon throughout the whole series, and finally culminating, through its triumphant ending, the ultimate victory of good.

To be frank, I was almost expecting a sort of themes and variations approach, but I was not disappointed with a medley centered on Zelda's Lullaby. It's equal parts lovely, awesome, and grand, with touches of dread. I was impressed with how well you blended so many song, right on top of each other at times. It only slightly approached being cacophonous near the end climax, but kind of demonstrated the clash between good, evil, dark, etc etc. Now that I am out of useful things to say: it's great.