WIP: Outrunners (Sega 1992)

DjMystix

First of all, there needs to be a bit more varation in that acoustic guitar riff. It gets really repetitive after a while. Also, its nowhere near long enough (of course, I understand its a WIP, and therefore not finished)

Use a better trupet sample. The one your using just now is a bit annoying. Also, You need some low frequency instruments. And that high-hat gets really annoying after a while as well.

Apart from that, the rest seems to be fine.

I want to give some advice, but I'm not sure what to say. I think the concept is great and definately worth finishing and submitting. There is something about the quality that sounds a bit midi-ish to me (like a high quality midi). Not sure what the remedy would be - maybe that little extra polish is all that's needed.

I'd get 'er done and post it one mo' gain as a WIP for final thoughts.

First of all, there needs to be a bit more varation in that acoustic guitar riff. It gets really repetitive after a while

Hmm. seems like it. I'm gonna rewrite the riff.

Use a better trupet sample

you mean Brass right? I thought it sounded cool. Anyways, I'll look into this

And that high-hat gets really annoying after a while as well.

right. I'm gonna replace it right away and also lower down it's volume

Thanks the-almighty-tallest for the help. I'll see what I can do with it.

Hey, welcome back!

Checking out your remix now...

Wow, really nice! Very catchy rhythm, it's very salsa-like (or something like that, I'm not sure).

I think the samples are alright, although the brass sounds a bit tinny. I agree with most of the other suggestions. Do something about the hi-hat and add some more low-frequency stuff to get an overall warmer sound.

The intro (first 38 seconds) definitely needs some more variation, so far it's just too "loopy".

Anyway, this is good stuff and with some adjustments absolutely worth submitting!

Hey there Lint. I'm glad that you still remember me even after so long. Thanks for the comments.

1. I'll definitely try to replace the brass (although I like it and I'm sure even AkumajoBelmont will like it too. He and I have same taste when it comes to Brass).

2. Hi-Hat already replaced. This time, with low velocity and centered.

3. I don't know what to do with the intro. I've seen remixes repeating the same pattern for more than 32 measures. But I'll try to put more variation in the guitar riff and introduce other instruments in between.

But right now, I'm having a blast with Gears of War. I just got a new XBOX 360 because the old one got that 3 red lights(God damnit!).

cheers