OCR03836 - Skies of Arcadia "Valhorteka"

Liontamer

This track had a huge, varied history throughout this album. It was claimed quite quickly, within weeks of launching the project by @Garpocalypse and it went through many iterations before the final product. Sometimes we'd go for months without contact from the artist, but he'd always come back with some impressive addition or revamp to the overall track.

In the end, he had this grand idea of having a huge swath of folks who helped work on the album provide background vocals as sort of a collaborative feel to the entire piece. Unfortunately, the call to arms was never truly answered and ultimately, I stepped up to the plate and recorded my own 'Wubba Wubbas' in varying tones and pitches and sent them his way. Using them to great effect, you can hear my small, but crucial (of course! lol) contribution to the track!

It took close to 3 years, off and on, to finally receive the final unmastered wav from @Garpocalypse. Even after that, he'd message back and said he made a few tweaks, he was never quite done with it until I had to do a 'knock it off' and call it final! :lol: Now, after the dust has settled, it is one of my favorite tracks on the album and I am super hyped it is now officially released!

21 minutes ago, Darkflamewolf said:

It took close to 3 years, off and on, to finally receive the final unmastered wav from @Garpocalypse. Even after that, he'd message back and said he made a few tweaks, he was never quite done with it until I had to do a 'knock it off' and call it final! :lol: Now, after the dust has settled, it is one of my favorite tracks on the album and I am super hyped it is now officially released!

Bruckner Syndrome.  Nothing is ever "done".  :)  During the time this album was being developed I had taken a job as a travelling therapist which means the last 2 years or so I've been able to complete almost nothing. Recently things have stabilized and i'm looking forward to getting some music pumped out.  

Really though I love the Horteka source tune and wanted to keep working at it until I was satisfied with what it ended up becoming.  DFW's Zen-like patience as a director went greatly appreciated.