OCR00179 - Shadow of the Beast III "Purified"

m68030

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I was checking out the originals for this game, and saw that this was an arrangement of "Press Fire" from the MOD pack. This one was short, but sweet with some nice beatwork, a nice melodic lead, cool voice samples and a nice ethereal atmosphere. Nice stuff, Alex. Definitely an underrated old-school mix, I can't imagine why this hasn't gotten more attention.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

The percussion work and sound effects really bring this piece to life. Generally I'm not a fan of the percussion really being the 'lead' in a piece, but it works here. I'm digging this.

Except the ending. What just happened? I don't mind a fade out like that, but it was really sudden. I was expecting like another 2 minutes of mix first.

Still, a keeper for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What did happen at the end? This mix has such a low playcount even though I love it just because I end up skipping to the next song when that last 30 seconds or so hits. It really does make me sad.

Still though, the rest of the mix is fun! I like it. It has an awesome feel going for it, and I really dig the ethnic touches. It's definitely a nice little gem here, in need of some polish and to get a bit of dirt rubbed off, but still quite sparkly!

• 8 months later...

This mix stands out quite a bit compared to most this old. The voice clip used was kinda irksome though - maybe it would've been better if it were used less? Also, there's too much silence for the last 50 seconds or so of the mix, with a bit of sound. The transition to that silence was also kinda poor - you expect more, and then it ends.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

While I don't mind sound effects or vocal clips, the "Yoooo" was used a bit too many times for me. But the rest of the mix had a great atmospheric effect and had a bit of mysterious vibe. The ending was a bit of "ehh" and it really would have been better off with just a quicker end and leaving out the cracking noises the got louder before cutting off, which was unneeded. Still, "A" for effect and some good ideas though.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00179 - Shadow of the Beast III "Purified"