EvE Online

ellywu2

Nothing else to do? That's not really a statement you can apply to EVE. IF you're not doing something, its because you are being prevented from doing it by someone else (PVP), OR you don't have the time to get the resources to try it (external factors).

There is never a lack of things to do in EVE.

Have to admit it was getting rather ridiculous and as soon as the corp that I was in started mandatory assaults; and actually working in real life, just had to call it quits. It's been nearly two, three years since..?

Sort of interested in the Dust thing they have going for the ps3 in the future but I'm not holding my breath on it being anything really special...

Nothing else to do? That's not really a statement you can apply to EVE. IF you're not doing something, its because you are being prevented from doing it by someone else (PVP), OR you don't have the time to get the resources to try it (external factors).

There is never a lack of things to do in EVE.

By "nothing else to do" I meant nobody else to fight. The current supercap situation makes it pretty much impossible to attack into anyone with more supers than you. Since the delve region's uncollected mass of clowns don't individually own enough supers to just blob them (nor do they trust eachother enough to deploy them together). It's one of the few places we can still get good fights.

Yeah, the $5 gets you a 30-day subscription. I did see that there was a two week free trial on their website, but I didn't realize that the client was free. Well, it was five bucks. I'm not going to complain.

I'm tooling around (still working on the tutorial missions, didn't play for very long after downloading it yesterday) as Jovianios Noa, if anyone wants to say hi in-game.

It was really hard resisting the urge to have my character wearing aviator shades IN SPAAAAAAACE, but I managed it.

he was moving a bunch of plexes to somewhere else, probably his home system, or somewhere they're selling for more.

He probably thought he was save because he was in high sec. The problem with that is that you can still suicide into most haulers and have a friend/alt take the loot. Furthermore, the whole thing is retarded.

Plexes don't take any cargo space, so he could have used a much faster or more agile ship. He also didn't fit a tank at all. The slow speed of the bestower basically opens it up to be easily scanned down by high sec gankers, and the lack of tank makes it an easy target.

When you consider the payout, you could gank in a BS or T3 and still make a profit. Hell you could have ganked in a dread and you'd still double your investment.

Tip of the day: Don't move plexes.

So I've been playing in 1-2 hour chunks for the past few days. Still working on the tutorial missions (finished the basics and exploration, working on industry at the moment). I can already see where the attraction of the game comes from -- there's simply so much to do, and so many ways to do it, I know I'd enjoy tweaking my skills and my ride to accomplish whatever it is I decide to do at the time. But then, I've always been a sucker for unit customization...

The question is, other than advancement for its own sake, what exactly is there to do in the game? There doesn't seem to be any storyline or anything to that effect, and the game is obviously ridiculously open-ended. From what I recall of this thread, it's been said that you really need to join a corp to get the most out of the game, but what exactly does joining a corp let you do other than "help you advance even faster"?

The corp gives you the "purpose" in some instances. Joining an ambitious corp can be your own storyline.

Early on in my career, I joined a pirate corp that hung around low sec and PVP'd other corps (piracy!). Eventually, they decided it would be fun to move into null sec, and from there we got caught up in alliance politics and joined a war for the region. It was a blast. I logged in nearly every day to see what fleet ops were going on or to enjoy the rich bounties null sec provided.

There was no specific goal for me or the corp other than to PVP and have fun. Find something you want to do in EVE, (make money, produce things, explore wormhole space, blow stuff up) and a corp that supports that goal, and you will have loads of fun...typically.

I say that because EVE is not for everyone. Some people just refuse to have fun with the game. But there is a lot to offer, YOU have to find it though. YOU (and others around you) make the experience.

So I've been playing in 1-2 hour chunks for the past few days. Still working on the tutorial missions (finished the basics and exploration, working on industry at the moment). I can already see where the attraction of the game comes from -- there's simply so much to do, and so many ways to do it, I know I'd enjoy tweaking my skills and my ride to accomplish whatever it is I decide to do at the time. But then, I've always been a sucker for unit customization...

The question is, other than advancement for its own sake, what exactly is there to do in the game? There doesn't seem to be any storyline or anything to that effect, and the game is obviously ridiculously open-ended. From what I recall of this thread, it's been said that you really need to join a corp to get the most out of the game, but what exactly does joining a corp let you do other than "help you advance even faster"?

the biggest thing the corp does is allow you to do stuff with other people. whether you like doing missions, working on research and development, mining, PvP, ratting...there's always more fun doing it with other people.

Early on in my career, I joined a pirate corp that hung around low sec and PVP'd other corps (piracy!). Eventually, they decided it would be fun to move into null sec, and from there we got caught up in alliance politics and joined a war for the region. It was a blast.

Well, this is the sort of thing I mean. Is there actually an in-game mechanic for, say, claiming territory? Can you build your own space stations and such, or take over ones that exist?

In other words: in what way can you interact with the world rather than the players?

Heh. Eve was my old stomping grounds. Have 3 characters, one near 60 mil SP I think. Kinda don't think I will be going back, but I have said that at least 5 times. I am starting to wonder if I should just get it over with and sell my toons, but I would probably regret it and start a new one.

Some of the missions are fun and mining isn't but makes doing homework go by quicker. I was never good at playing the market. PvP on the other hand... I was in a power block up in the drone regions back when MC had just split from BoB. GS and RA decided to off us and we somehow let them take it. We had a great jump bridge network too... oh well, being a pirate was more fun. I have one toon who can't enter anything above a .4... Sadly, I forget that sometimes : P