Give the gift of reviews! (Underdog Remix Appreciation)

big giant circles

I just started reviewing, something I've been meaning to do for a while, drop a line on every song I've heard. Now I instead went to listen to some old stuff I hadn't heard before. And then there's this.

It's Jeremy Robson, it's Seiken Densetsu 3, and it's great. Where are the reviews?

This one deserves several pages of reviews. Really!

What about mixes in the WIP boards? While I understand that reviews are needed for completed and accepted mixes, I do think that WIPs by new composers need some attention as well, which in turn can create more accepted, high-quality mixes. I've just started into remixing music, and I know I could use some reviews of my WIP (Secrets Hidden in the Deep) so that eventually, maybe I can have a completed mix on here to share. I know there are other (mostly somewhat known) remixers who get a lot of attention on their WIPs, but I also know there are others who are just entering into remixing/composing music that get little to no reviews, let alone good reviews (I mean good as in explaining what works, doesn't work and how to fix it, not "Good trumpet, sucky soundscape"). It can be hard without the opinions and knowledge of others to create something good. I came here to post my first WIP and get ideas of how to make it better, and I got almost none (especially on my latest version), which I suspect is because I am not known, someone looking at the WIP boards will think "I don't know him, so I don't know if he's good, but I know who AkumajoBelmont is, I like his stuff, and he has a WIP with vocals in a thread just above this guy's, so it'll probably be good. I want to listen."

I say let's review some accepted remixes (which deserve reviews becauase it's been accepted), but let's also not forget about the WIPs who will eventually become accepted remixes (hopefully, if new remixers continue to get critique).

I thought so too - WIP's would *definitely* benefit from some reviews. The original idea is of course good as well.

--Eino

this may be true, but lets see if we can pull together to even show some love for the *completed* tracks before getting into the incomplete ones.

but dont worry, bro, we'll get there eventually.

Ok, so for whatever reason I can't actually post in this thread (and this thread only), so Escariot is my messenger for today.

We're doing really good with reviews! All mixes have more than 3 reviews, and there are only 4 with 4 reviews left! Someone has to get on those, since I've done my part on them. Come on people, lets get everything with at least 5!

Sengin also has a great point about WIPs. The more we help out there, the more quality mixes we get on the front page. Try to take some time to get a listen or two and some feedback to those people.

Let's keep going, people!

- DragonAvenger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...