MML - The Refractors Master (Completed)

Dash Myoku

Ha, I suppose I'm the only one on this site trying to remix the Mega Man Legends stuff. But that's a good thing, I'll be known for it until someone else comes along and one-ups me on it all. XD

Anyways, I figured that I'd remix something that no one would think to remix. If any of you have played the first Mega Man Legends, then you might remember the little music shop. There was this pretty cool Heavy Metal track that you could listen to. Well, that's just a small track that really has nothing to do with the game. Why would anyone remix it? No clue, but I did.

Click here to download

Yes yes, the usual stuff as in the soundfonts being too crappy, blah blah blah. Lets get some actual musical advise, rather than quality. :D

Now, as for the remix. I wanted to keep the metal influences, but ya know...make it my own. The leads are pretty much mine, but the third solo (if you want to call it that) is the actual solo from the track. I felt like I needed to throw it in so that the track would be recognizable.

I can't say Im familiar with the original, but I think you've got a pretty solid arrangement here. The only thing bugging me is the guitar sample, it just seems detatched from everything else in the mix.

Aside from that, I personally like the synth lead a lot for the most part...The only thing I would change would be to *very slightly* reverb it, because when it solos near the end, it sounds rather bland being exposed to that extent. I think percussion could use some sprucing up a bit...it's a rather bland repetitive pattern, and all of the other instruments are miles ahead as far as energy.

Overall, I think you've got a great start, and I suggest you continue working on it.

Ha, I suppose I'm the only one on this site trying to remix the Mega Man Legends stuff.

*Cough*

You just wait for my L2 Mother Zone remix. ;)

OK, I have to say right off the bat: The guitar sample killed the song for me. Decent arrangement, I'll say, yeah. It was pretty cool. Only wish a more realistic or better sounding guitar could have been used.

|GX

Yeah, I have a lot of trouble finding decent guitar soundfonts. Once I get my Pod, I'll just record the guitar parts live.

But for now, got any idea where I can find a decent guitar soundfont?

*Watches him closely with his Mother Zone remix.* Trust me, I'll be looking out for that. xP