OC ReMix and Cyril the Wolf present X over Zero: Mega Man Metal!

Liontamer

93-232.png

OC ReMix and Cyril the Wolf present X over Zero: Mega Man Metal!

November 26, 2019

FAIRFAX, VA... OC ReMix is proud to present Cyril the Wolf's X over Zero: Mega Man Metal, Connor Pelkey's power metal tribute to the complex friendship and rivalry between Mega Man series' leads X and Zero. X over Zero features nine intense metal arrangements of tracks throughout the Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero series, and is available for free download at https://ocremix.org/info/X_over_Zero:_Mega_Man_Metal.

"I wanted to show off a story, in brief, of two characters who were intertwined from the very first moments of Mega Man X until the final scene of Mega Man Zero 4," album director Connor Pelkey explained. "The lyrics are all inspired by the game's plot directly and (with just two exceptions) all are sang from the titular character's perspective.

X over Zero was produced to help promote video game music, was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Capcom; all images, characters, and original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"I've always been a massive fan of the Mega Man X series, so it became sort of the mountain I wanted to climb," recounted Pelkey. "I felt confident that I could pull it off after writing 5 albums of original music, and wanted to make something to honor the video game music roots I'd come from.

X over Zero marks OC ReMix's fifth album honoring the Mega Man franchise. Besides the officially Capcom-produced Mega Man 25th anniversary album For Everlasting Peace, the community has also created 2012's Mega Man X: Maverick Rising, 2011's Mega Man 9: Back in Blue, and Joshua Morse's solo album The Robot Museum.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans. OC ReMix operates under the umbrella and sponsorship of Game Music Initiative, Inc, a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization (EIN: 81-4140676).

###

• 3 months later...