Candy Hell: Industrial Electronica

Nario

New Original song

I currently do not have a name for this song, but I will once I write lyrics for it. I structured the song like a song on the radio would be constructed and I intend on singing/talking/something to do with vocals for it. I just wanted to share with you all the instrumental version of this song, as:

1. You might not like the version with lyrics in it.

2. You might just want to listen to music.

3. I wanna get this out here to the public as quick as I can.

4. I want to download it on my other computers. :D

I hope you all enjoy the song, and once I add lyrics to the song then I will upload it, but it will not replace the instrumental link. Tell me what you think, please. :)

Thanks for the plethora of comments. :(

Just to tease you all, the song is now called Candy Hell. In fact, how about I just post the lyrics? ;)

~Lyrics:~

Little children all around the world, going

Candy candy candy candy candy candy candy candy

It makes me sick just to see them eat and get fat

So I'll give them a treat

I'll stuff their mouths with candy canes

And give them lots of chocolates

Just to show them how nice I am

Oh looky there, there's a danish treat

Why take the time to prepare for the world

To listen to your pain, crying for desire

No friends or family can help you now

So starting your praying 'cause you're entering into Candy Hell

We want you, we want you

We want you in the candy crew

Welcome to my hellish lair

Filled with sweet and sourl delights

Take your time and look around

And see just what's inside

'Cause you'll be living here for quite a while now

Eating just what you desire

So get a Hershey maybe Baby Ruth

And get fat

So starting your praying 'cause you're now in Candy Hell

So starting your praying 'cause you're now in Candy Hell

There was comments, but I'm sure it wasn't the stuff you were looking for.

First things first:

The snare is an accent snare - that is, it should only be used to accentuate a phrase, not for the upbeat. Try using a softer synthetic drum there instead.

The kick is fine as is, but needs another snare for the upbeat. Also, if you're gonna have that snare, more resonant overdriven snares in the background to support it would help it a lot more.

As for the synth programming, try putting a little more dynamics into them, via filtering and maybe some carefully placed stuttering. Try some trickery on the automation level to see what you can get out of it. If you are not very aware of what you are doing, revisit the tune later once you experiment with the automation of filters and the sort (try making some acid techno - that's probably the best way to learn using filters.)

As for the synth programming, try putting a little more dynamics into them, via filtering and maybe some carefully placed stuttering. Try some trickery on the automation level to see what you can get out of it. If you are not very aware of what you are doing, revisit the tune later once you experiment with the automation of filters and the sort (try making some acid techno - that's probably the best way to learn using filters.)

Well, I use Vanguard and using the FL filters doesn't work for me for some reason, but I'll figure that out eventually. I've also tried using automation (I've heard that's GREAT for snares and super fast drum rolls it's normally used for).

Nec5: "Hair of my Judgment" :lol: . No, you totally let me know how you actually liked the song, and I'm quite impressed (you were always the critic pushing me to make a song you'd like, actually, and it somes it's happened now. Thanks for being that critic you always were, seriously. :) It's been for the best). Thanks for letting me know, because any positive feedback lets me know that I've done something right this time around and that I should keep making music this way so people will be happy. :lol:

Thanks for the comments, guys! I knew changing my topic title would do something. ;)I just hope that realpolitik doesn't come in and totally say that my song is bullcrap.

Also, I've tried using Zerius Vocoder to make my voice sound robotic, but it isn't working the way I'd hope. I wish I could have a pro right next to my side and smack me up. ;) I've considered just ditching it and just flat-out say the lyrics in harmony of the melodies around them (or just making my own melody out of me talking).

• 2 weeks later...

Nec5: I changed the drums that you didn't like and I used to love them a lot, but now I've realized that I like the new ones more. So, basically, when the final product comes up I'll be hoping that you like the new ones. :D

I've recorded the first verse and, although I'm not too with the sound of the voice (it's basically just my voice sped up to 1.5x), it will have to suffice. I'll be extremely busy with college and other remixes, so this song might be delayed for quite a while, but please be faithful that I will complete it. :)