Bad Molly: a BD side-project...

Beatdrop

Hey folks,

Merry Christmas! Just dropping in to post about a new side-project I've gotten involved with.

My ex-fiance started a band a couple months ago called Bad Molly. They primarily produce trip-hop, with one major inspiration being Massive Attack. Anyway, recently a situation arose in which one of the primary band members was no longer able to stay with the group, so I talked to her about taking up the role of producing music and doing backing vocals, and she thought it sounded cool.

So... I guess I'm a member of Bad Molly now? I guess. Anyway, here's the first track I've cooked up for the band:

http://beatdrop.paletteswap.com/Random/Bad%20Molly%20-%20Track%201.mp3

This is just the instrumental. I only just today sent it off to her for her to start working on lyrics/vocals. Still, it's pretty cool. It's nice trying a new style.

Enjoy, and as always, feedback welcome.

EDIT: Oh, here's a link to their page on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/badmolly

Dang Beatdrop...

I thought that when you let us at the full length Phase 1 it couldn't get in better...

So much for that theory!

Very nice ryhthm, definately "trip-hop", yet it has something that most other trip-hop song doesn't.

A purpose.

I've marched around on I Tunes and save for Rob Dougan, Trip-Hop songs I've listened to have almost always struck me as, well, bland. This one has an energizing feel to it, it's not just ambience. I can see where Massive Attack comes in, so objective achieved!

Merry Christmas and a happy non-denominational holiday! Good job!