Metal Slug 3 - Zombie Wip

Serf

sauzer this is pretty hot man! You really hit me with a lot in this. I feel like your arrangement is totally solid. All I can really give at this point is preferences, but you did some kickass work.

I feel like the drums overall are really treble dominated. A lot of high frequencies. Maybe bringing up the bass a little big? I dunno. The only thing I can say about the piece as a whole is that it's a bit angular in terms of instrument cutoffs, probably specifically in the bass. Maybe a little reverb?

I wish I could be of more help. I feel like this needs to be fuller, just take up more space sound wise. Please don't let this post confuse you. But I really dig it and hope that it makes it on the site at some point. :D

Pump up the drums; they could use it.

Also, please do something with the bass guitar. It's just there, sounding the same all the time, and it also seems a little muddy to me.

Coming in at over 5 minutes, this is a rather long remix. I think it needs more variation, like maybe a faster section (hell yeah, that would be nice, some real speed in there would be awesome, e.g. from 4:14 on) or some rad guitar or drum solo.

I think the arrangement is good the way it is, but some of the sounds could use work. I think for the most part the drums are sounding pretty good, it's just the snare that could be "pumped up" more. The bass sample the biggest problem here I think. It's not dynamic enough to be in the forefront so much, if you could get a real bass on that or at least turn it down it would sound a lot better I think.

And I think the last guitar chord could ring a bit so the crash doesn't just hang there, or maybe do a crash with a handmute.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The fake guitars sound crummy. :(

Bass is too loud.

Drums have too much reverb on them.

The solos in the original songs were great, not so good here.

Overall this needs a bit of work, but it's about time someone respresented Metal Slug! Keep at it. And I suggest you check out the live performers database and get a guitarist to record parts for you.