OCR00102 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Tail Cave (Beatdown Mix)"

• 2 years later...

Oh yeah, I can hear the clipping in those drums. Not really a fan of how those sound actually, but I dig the beat and even the piano. Lack of humanization doesn't bug me, but it would have been the kind of touch that only helps a ReMix. Another case of where I liked where the arrangement was headed, but the production could use a little touch up.

• 1 year later...

I have such a soft spot for this song. Nothing like a false sense of security before being thrown a ton of bass and drummage unexpectedly a minute into the song. Plus the source tune really lends itself well to this building up and breaking down, having all sorts of madness occur around the fringes of an otherwise simple melody. I think those are some of my favorite kinds of songs generally.... maybe this is not a super ambitious remix but I enjoy the heck out of it anyway.  

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00102 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "Tail Cave (Beatdown Mix)"
  • 7 years later...